Section to post ebay links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Would be cool, so when people sell parts on ebay we can get a few more views on them

Easy to maintain with an auto delete after 15 days or so so all threads stay live.

No blame on scn and ebay can deal with any scammers which would be lessened by the fact you need to pay to use ebay.

Just an idea but it might get some of the for sale nuts off your back!

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
awjeezrk7.jpg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Conversation will go something like this

"Can I buy this off ebay to avoid fees?"
"Sure, Paypal gift the money over"
"No problem, I trust you because you managed to register on an internet forum"

Aug 21, 2008
Skipton, N Yorkshire

To be fair Mork, if they dumb enough not to cover their own ass...............!!! lol

Idea: let people sell, then anyone who come moaning to you, post name up here, find an address and we could go round there house, laugh at them and give them a slap as they are a muppet!!!! lol

Maybe not.

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
To be fair Mork, if they dumb enough not to cover their own ass...............!!! lol

Idea: let people sell, then anyone who come moaning to you, post name up here, find an address and we could go round there house, laugh at them and give them a slap as they are a muppet!!!! lol

Maybe not.

That's why the for sale section got binned, people really are that dumb.

Jan 3, 2011
Originally Posted by m0rk

But this does cover your arse there is no come back onto scn, no physical way of blaming the admin as your only using eBay as a link tool like this site,

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Depends if the sale takes place on ebay, or over the PM system 'off' ebay instead.

I'm fairly sure I could put a civil case together against a forum owner for 'not' protecting me if I was ripped off by a user on said forum.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
How do you know that sales ain't taking place through pm's now tho???

He doesn't. Nor does he need to. While the site isn't advertising any form of parts sales, then no1 could ever have any come back on the site. As soon as they allow eBay links, then the site are advertising those sales, and it could come back on them.

Plus, I quite like the fact that some people are too lazy/stupid/blind to find stuff on eBay. It means that occasionally there is a bargain for those of us that can type eBay.co.uk into our browsers

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I've been searching eBay for aaaages and only found a handful of things lol. I wouldn't mind someone with better eye sight pointing them out for me lol.

Derekm2104

Aug 16, 2011
Agree with Big Eck too.

I often post on other forums good buys I find on ebay. Just do it under a big NOT MINE sign.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Agree with Big Eck too.

I often post on other forums good buys I find on ebay. Just do it under a big NOT MINE sign.

So I spend hours trawling eBay, looking for rare bits/bargains and you post it on a site that is geared towards that stuff? Seller makes 5times what he was going to and me(the guy who actually bothered looking for the stuff) misses out.

Yeh brilliant idea. eBay is perfectly geared towards finding stuff you want without posting it here

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If it helps to be clear, the solution for the 'for sale' section requires you enter significant personal details to enter an advertisement.

It would add to the protection of SCN (the hosts) should a sale go badly, and either through Police request, or court order we would be at least able to provide the information provided to trace a person. The old system had nothing bar an IP address.

This information would be available to both buyer & seller alike.

That way, nobody has anything to hide - and if you put that you lived at a made up address, it's easy to spot who's untrustworthy.

Derekm2104

Aug 16, 2011
So I spend hours trawling eBay, looking for rare bits/bargains and you post it on a site that is geared towards that stuff? Seller makes 5times what he was going to and me(the guy who actually bothered looking for the stuff) misses out.

Yeh brilliant idea. eBay is perfectly geared towards finding stuff you want without posting it here

If your going to buy it yourself your obviously not going to post it. Only a suggestion.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Just to note. A section where people post other people's ebay links is just as f'ing stupid. Before anyone asks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members