Best way to get the gleem back in my red Ibiza mk3 its not faded just not so shiny lo

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
autoglym srp might be worth a shot, also dodo juice lime prime, then top it up with a sealant then a wax

other option is find a detailer in your area that can give it a once over

depends how much you want to spend

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
autoglym srp might be worth a shot, also dodo juice lime prime, then top it up with a sealant then a wax

other option is find a detailer in your area that can give it a once over

depends how much you want to spend

+1 for SRP, try good old fashioned T-cut as well. Autosmart Cherry Glaze would also do a job.

Deleted member 77040

Machine polisher with a good cutting compound then polish it up

g00dr1dg3

Jun 22, 2012
I'd love to afford a machine polish job but I can't lol. Think I'll try the dodo juice I got a bottle of autoglym srp. I'll try that to

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Look at north east car care. Be pleasantly surprised how reasonable prices are

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

g00dr1dg3

Jun 22, 2012
There reasonable but it's a long way from west wales lol

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Bit of elbow grease with a cut then polish polish polish.

Get yourself some decent pads makes it far easier.

Red is the most satisfying colour ever to restore, spend 2 weekends on my girls old Yaris that had never really been washed or cared for in 10 years and it came up a treat, first viewer bought it as and I quote "looks like it's been very well cared for, you must spend hours keeping them clean" (my mini was next to it 2 days after a machine polish)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Hard part is restoring it, after that regular care just top up the protection. Read detailing world some threads on there

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

g00dr1dg3

Jun 22, 2012
I think ill try auto glym srp but what do i do after that wax it is it? and what is a cut?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
I think ill try auto glym srp but what do i do after that wax it is it? and what is a cut?

Basically "cut" is how much the polish will be abrasive against your lacquer, a deeper cut is a more abrasive polish and thus will be good for something like a red car that has faded. However, you shouldn't use deep cut polishes too frequently as it wears down the lacquer.

Here's how I would approach this:
I'd wash the the car with the two bucket method (google it)
I'd clay the car, I'd suggest Meguiars or Bilt Hamber clay
I'd polish the car, my personal choice would be Autosmart Cherry Glaze but Autoglym SRP will be easier for you to get hold of
If needed, polish again if the colour still hasn't been brought to life
Top that off with a layer of wax, again can't go wrong with Autoglym that can be bought from Halfrauds - but you'll find much better products for less, and a huge range to boot, online

g00dr1dg3

Jun 22, 2012
Ok so I got some dodo juice orange crush from a mate he had it in his shed. Just a clay bar now.

g00dr1dg3

Jun 22, 2012
On so once the weather goes and the salt isn't all over roads I will get to polishing her up. And maybe post a picture before and after see If it worked

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.