simmytt

step by step speaker change.

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
Nice clear pictures and instructions, just a couple of things that have been mentioned about this in a previous thread; if you're using co-axial speakers like the ones you have fitted it's recommended to cut wire 2 on the adapter to disable the original tweeter; also shouldn't it be SAK 3103?

I have done this on my Leon with Infinity speakers, well worth upgrading, big improvement over the standard speakers!

simmytt

Dec 2, 2006
midlands
Cheers Paulki, they had put 3130 on invoice and i was useing that for reference, checked box and you are correct 3103. I cut wires 2 and 4 and everything works fine i am sure i read that on here somewhere.

markfranklin

Mar 24, 2007
Well done to simmytt for this really excellent step by step guide, which I am sure will be very useful for many people.

As a complete novice with this sort of thing, the one point that springs to mind is can you get any speakers that will actually be a like-for-like exchange (ie, where you do not need to put in adapters, screw holes, cut wires, and so on)... that would be much simpler, but do I guess right that a direct replacement does not exist?

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I Have Alpine E series in my toledo, and no need for adaptors, had them in and had lot of buzzing etc, took them out and got rid of 90% of it. enough clearance for window etc, try it and just be carefull with the adapor cable (use this as you can then cut the original tweeter signal wires on adaptor and not car) so it does not snag on the window mounts.

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
Thanks for all the detail above I now have 4 Infinity Kappas thanks to your guide. Finally my Leon sounds good hoorah!!!!

welsh-rich

Cheers for the guide, it's great :clap:

But has anyone changed the rear speakers yet, I want to know if it's the same adaptor for the back as well as the front :confused:

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
Welsh Rich, The Front ones fit the back too! I did all 4 in mine with the same adaptor rings and speakers.

welsh-rich

Welsh Rich, The Front ones fit the back too! I did all 4 in mine with the same adaptor rings and speakers.

Top job Foxy, thanks

Off to order mine from Halfrauds in the morning then, can finally get them fitted (apart from the small issue with the front ones being components :rolleyes: )

leonfr170

Jun 16, 2007
hey, this is really easy to follow - im gonna give it a go when i finally get my car (sat). one question: what size speakers will i need?

doobeboy

Thanx simmytt

Just completed the guide last night (first mod), used the Infinity Kappas. Sound is much better than the stock speakers!

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
doobeboy, in what way "much better"? I'm a kinda closet audiophile and I hate listening to music in the car - road noise drowns much of it out. Has anyone put anything like brown bread/flashing tape in the doors to improve things?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.