What you need to install an aftermarket stereo in Mk2 Leon

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
the four power cables in the quad lok plug i want to be able to put my kenwood hu in before i get my built in sat nav and need to know what the wires are please :)

Last edited:

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
there is a proper SEAT facia to suit 2-din, as opposed to the satnav unit which is bigger. Part number is 1p2858063N87 around £7

I think the original guide (first post) should be changed to this as I've just wasted £20 + on a sat nav adapter and golf mk5 adapter. cheers.

almac

Can I just advise that when you order the facia adapter, contrary to what's been posted elsewhere, you DO buy the little pack of clips. Believe me, it's not fun when your perfectly flush-fitted head unit suddenly falls out when you're accelerating. The plastic clips alone will not hold the unit in place properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

brainbug100

Hi there,

Just recived my Ecomotive version. The stero is the large block but not the one for sat nav. I have tried to get a facia but they seem all to be left hand drive. Does anyone know where i can get a right hand drive one?

Basically I want the one that holds the standard head unit and has a shelf. Caraudio direct want 50 squid for both parts!!!! seems a little expensive

Thanks

Barry

Pod-ni

if it is the double din unit with the pocket you are looking try david at sere.

cant post the link but do a search for the thread "double din face"

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
For some reason I find the posts on this site very confusing for what should be relatively simple. Having read through all the posts in this thread, I find myself still unsure as to what I need!

Please can I confirm, I need the following:

Head Unit (Double din)
Head unit to car adapter wire
Seat double din dashboard part. 1p2858063N87?

I don't understand the need for the Golf mk5 fascia, can someone explain? Also, I have seen on another thread someone bought a powered aerial adapter, is this another requirement?

Thanks!

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
rael, you dont need to have the double din you can get away with a single din with the mk5 golf adapter and i have the aerial adapter if u want it? also the car to iso connector in my spare room, :) pm me

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Hi Rich, I want to go for a double DIN HU though, so wouldn't I need a double DIN adapter in that case?
Car to ISO might be handy though, I will contact you when I've ordered something! Cheers!

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Will the VW to ISO adapter as described in the tutorial allow steering wheel controls to work with a single din unit?

I have seen some single din units that say they aare steering wheel control enabled but will it need another adapter?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/10653.html

"Hard wired remote input for steering wheel controls (requires aditional adaptors)"

I phoned....

They said I need;

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CTSVW002

:confused:

** edit ** the one ^^ is steering wheel control adapter, need extra cable depending on manafacturer of unit

Last edited:

matthewbentham

Cupra averaged 41mpg once
For some reason I find the posts on this site very confusing for what should be relatively simple. Having read through all the posts in this thread, I find myself still unsure as to what I need!

Please can I confirm, I need the following:

Head Unit (Double din)
Head unit to car adapter wire
Seat double din dashboard part. 1p2858063N87?

I don't understand the need for the Golf mk5 fascia, can someone explain? Also, I have seen on another thread someone bought a powered aerial adapter, is this another requirement?

Thanks!

You need the mk5 golf fascia adaptor to go in between the SEAT satnav surround and your choice of headunit. the mk5 golf fascia adaptors are for either single or double din units, it depends on what you're putting in.

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
I have a mk5 adapter for 2 single din (1 stereo & 1 pocket) after taking my head unit out tonight it looks like im going to have to cut some plastic out (Bottom centre and possible at the rear to get it to push all the way back so everything lines up and fits flush

DSC00333.jpg

It sits about 3-4mm too high

Its as though i need to cut out where i have highlighted to let it sit 3mm lower but im really apprehensive about doing it!

DSC003351.jpg

Last edited:

JMP

May 27, 2004
I have similar 1 DIN + locker from my previous Golf5 that Im about to install in my Leon Cupra. How did you finish the installation of the Seat Leon NAVI facia + this 1 DIN adapter? Any problems?