New Leon owner

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hey,

I just thought I would say hi to you all. I have just bought a 14 month old Leon sylance sport 2.0 Tdi with 5000 miles on it. I am really impressed with the car which I bought to replace a Golf V6 4 Motion, that bearly managed 30mpg. My new Leon is managing 50mpg +. I was worried about loosing the handling of the Golf, but am pleased to report the Leon handles just as well.

I am hoping to fit an ipod lead to the car, but am not sure they work with my stereo, as mine came with the 3.5 mm input. Seat say in their accessory guide that the ipod lead is not suitable for cars with the 3.5mm connection.

Ian :)

Simon_Peters

2008 Leon Fr TFSI & 01 R6
Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Hey,

I just thought I would say hi to you all. I have just bought a 14 month old Leon sylance sport 2.0 Tdi with 5000 miles on it. I am really impressed with the car which I bought to replace a Golf V6 4 Motion, that bearly managed 30mpg. My new Leon is managing 50mpg +. I was worried about loosing the handling of the Golf, but am pleased to report the Leon handles just as well.

I am hoping to fit an ipod lead to the car, but am not sure they work with my stereo, as mine came with the 3.5 mm input. Seat say in their accessory guide that the ipod lead is not suitable for cars with the 3.5mm connection.

Ian :)

Hi mate and welcome!

I was told the same by the dealer but just tell them to order you one and it will fit no problems.

Enjoy the new car.
Si

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hey thanks guys for the welcome :)

I will get the adaptor ordered from the Dealer. Will prob fit it myself tho.

Happy driving

Ian :lol:

Tom924

Hi All, I Have Just Bought A 7 Month Old Leon 2.0tdi Reference Sport 140bhp With The Bodykit, I Am Looking To Buy Some Sort Of Power Upgrade But Not Sure Wot To Go For And Which Will Be The Best For The Car, I.e Warranty? This Is What Worries Me, Ive Heard Of New Clutchs Having To Be Fitted But Not Sure If Thats Just Driver Error Or Wot, Would Really Like Any Suggestions For Putting My Car Up 3obhp Or Even 35bhp. Thnks Tom

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hi,

Further to my ipod lead question, I had the Seat ipod lead fitted at my local dealer today. I got home, connected the ipod and nothing! All i get if I power the ipod up is music playing in the distence when aux in is selected. I am unable to select cd auto changer mode (the ipod adoptor should emulate a cd changer). My car has the standard factory fit aux input fitted. I had a look at the radio manual and it clearly states a cd changer cannot be fitted to cars with an aux input. Can this be true? I find it hard to believe that you cannot add a cd changer or ipod adaptor to any leon with the aux input socket.

Any help would be appreciated.

Emm

Jun 9, 2003
UK
Visit site
I assume when you press the AUX button you see AUX on the display?

Try pressing the AUX button again and see if 'CDC' is shown.

That should be the 'input' you want.

I guess you can hear the IPod playing faintly on AUX setting due to crosstalk.

You can toggle the AUX feature on or off by pressing the PROG button on the head unit and selecting the aux option. This will then mean that 'CDC' will come up straight away.

.....I had a look at the radio manual and it clearly states a cd changer cannot be fitted to cars with an aux input. Can this be true?...

Yes, this is true in as much that you cannot have AUX and CDC simultaneously connected.

You can have one or the other but not both; the AUX and CDC input use the same connection point on the back of the head unit.

The dealer would have removed the AUX harness block from the back of the radio and replaced it with the IPod lead wiring block.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.