The Ultimate guide to fitting component speakers / removing door cards.

Thats good news, so it seems like I don't need to remove the whole panel.
I'll see later today how much of a challenge this will proof to be.

I'm gonna remove the mirror first then see what is all damaged and see if I can get the mirror glass of without breaking it.
Then will get all the parts we need on Monday and then refit.
Hope she'll manage to drive without the mirror for a day or two (well doesn't seem like she used it anyway :rofl: )

If I buy the mirror mechanism part, would it include the electric motor that makes the mirrors fold in?

The complete mirror is 3 parts- the cap which comes primed for paint, the glass, and the rest of it- which includes all the motors and electrics. The whole thing is around £150 IIRC.

I removed the whole panel to replace the mirror, but it might be possible without, if a bit fiddly. It's held by one nut inside the door.

The glass just levers out gently, it's very easy. The cap is a bit of a game to remove and refit without breaking clips, but it'll survive if you're gentle, you can prise some of the clips once the glass is out.

The first time I did it it took all afternoon, but once you've done it once it's easy- took less than an hour. A lot of it is knowing how it all fits.

Last edited:

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
I'm beginning to think now that you do have to take the whole door card off.
I might have been thinking of a different car before!

Niwou

Thanx, I'll see just now.
Gonna pick the car up in about 30min time and then just buy some ductape and then start on it.
From what I see the glass you need to get like a tape or something behind it and lever it out.

Niwou

I managed to successfully remove the mirror housing and remove the glass without breaking it.
Ordered the new mirror housing and should be here in around 3 days.
Hopefully I can get a nice staff discount when it arrives. :)

Niwou

New mirror on and working properly.
Struggled a little to get the long bottom 2 screws in which also holds the bottom part of the window mechanism. First struggled to get it to line up and then the screws got badly stripped.
These door panels really have a very stupid design in terms of how it clips on.
I have stripped quite a few BMW and Alfa Romeo door panels which have been much easier to work on.

thaworks

Jul 27, 2015
Can anybody tell me wich coulour the positive and negative wire have on the connector pin

im searching my but off and cant find it

trying to install a new focal set but het hickup is that i dont know wich is positive or negative

thnx

Bowders1

Sep 1, 2014
So glad I looked as thee guides. Had to replaced front passneger door lock mechanism. This guide was a great help. Would never of done it without. Seriously over completed door. Never had to remove window mechansiom and panel together on any of my cars. And the space to see what you are doing is bare minimal. How i got it to go all back together is a bit of a miracle. Glad to say worth it as replacement door lock works fine.

Cheers folks

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
No worries. Web Archive is usually the first place I check when it comes to broken links.

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
Appreciate this thread is now years old. Does anybody have the original guide on how to take the door card off? None of the links are working including the archive. Thanks, Phil.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise