What did you and your MK2 do today?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Yeah let us know how you get on.

What finish is your armrest? I checked with the dealer I've been in contact with and they've said its black leather with red stitching. I found one on ebay (obviously not genuine Seat) for £43. Does it sit solid enough with the Velcro stick pads yeah?

Mine is leather with red stitching too. I've seen them on eBay at £176!! :blink:

Prices must of increased as they used to be £130 max. Mine sits fine with the velcro pads, but can also be removed easily when needed (not that I need to).

Ebay one doesn't look leather...

This is the same as mine and is genuine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon...184964?hash=item418a7ae884:g:MNsAAOSw1-RUZJ2r

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
The one you've sent there looks identical to the one the dealer has quoted me for. The one I had looked at on ebay was a cloth one and looks a different design to these leather ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162478907130?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Yeah the one I sent is the genuine Seat one. The one in your link would probably be okay but it looks a bit too short to be any use, unless you're really tall and have your seat back quite far.

Personally I would get a genuine one. They sometimes appear in the for sale section too.

Mine might be for sale if I decide 100% to sell the car.

Last edited:

gallan92

Feb 19, 2016
Scotland
Yeah the one I sent is the genuine Seat one. The one in your link would probably be okay but it looks a bit too short to be any use, unless you're really tall and have your seat back quite far.

Personally I would get a genuine one. They sometimes appear in the for sale section too.

Mine might be for sale if I decide 100% to sell the car.

Haha believe it or not I am really tall, 6ft 7", so as you can imagine my seat is very far back! I just wasn't sure about that ebay one cause it shows you a picture of where it slots into the centre console and there appears to be grooves on the inside of the recess on the centre console...whereas mine is smooth :blink:

gallan92

Feb 19, 2016
Scotland
I emailed Michael from SEAT Worcester - on here as mjr901 - noticed he had a post in the dealers section. He's quoted me just over £140 for the genuine SEAT armrest, so a fair bit cheaper than my local dealer.

gallan92

Feb 19, 2016
Scotland
Found a great seller on ebay for LED bulbs, shop is called fizzmo, I just messaged them and they sorted me out with a pair of bright side lights that don't display any error and doesn't blink

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Did it fit as the normal difusser or you need to make new holds to place it place?

If its the new Triple R diffuser then its a direct replacement for the piece that's currently there.

The early design sat over the top of the original fascia and required holes making for the number plate. When I had mine I used double sided tape to hold it on.

vINyL3

Sep 13, 2013
can u send me the link to that new version you are talking about?
I don't bought it before because i don't wanna make new holds, just want one like that with default fit.

vINyL3

Sep 13, 2013
ok, it's the same link. But it came the new version you talk about, right? No need to make new holds, right?

ZRZ

Dec 30, 2014
Hertfordshire

ZRZ

Dec 30, 2014
Hertfordshire
The cupholders end up under a removable rubber coin tray. Useable but only with the armrest lid open so not great. Worth it though for the joy of an armrest

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info mate.

Not for me though, I use my cup holders too much as my front one always has an air freshener living there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Does the genuine armrest jeopardise the two cup holders or does the armrest have any as a replacement?

The cupholders end up under a removable rubber coin tray. Useable but only with the armrest lid open so not great. Worth it though for the joy of an armrest

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info mate.

Not for me though, I use my cup holders too much as my front one always has an air freshener living there :)

Yeah as above they can be used but with the lid open. I never use my cupholders really so it's no loss to me.

Also mines just held on with velcro pads so can be removed very easily.

Could you not move your air freshener?

ZRZ

Dec 30, 2014
Hertfordshire
Yeah as above they can be used but with the lid open. I never use my cupholders really so it's no loss to me.

Also mines just held on with velcro pads so can be removed very easily.

Could you not move your air freshener?

But it's good to have it there as it smells nice!

I'm going to think about it - a lot of money to spend so I can rest my arm on something though

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Had an oil leak for a few weeks and finally had time to have a look today , turns out i have another common problem being the leak on the plastic end cap on the gearbox

Gave it all a good clean then started the car and disappointingly watched the oil start to seep out pictured below.

Its worth checking this on your own tfsi engines , the inspection cover is behind the passenger wheel...you may need to scrub it to see the corrosion.

Anyone confirm the part numbers needed for full repair? So far i have found

02m301211 but mixed reveiws if this is the cover or the shim?
13d01af5b15fb9bc2481ba2605cd2801.jpg

leon cupra 1p stage 1 , 3inch turbo back exhaust , forge twintake , r8 coil packs

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.