What did you and your MK2 do today?

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
The ones I used were basically 3528 smd's. Just do a search in the bay for 5M 500cm LED 3528 SMD Flexible Strip and you'll get the idea.

Front:
2f1e04fb.jpg

Back:
d9d15c1d.jpg

Are the wired to light when doors are opened? Might have to pay you a visit :)

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Just 12v from fuse box? No inline fuses?

I've wired 2 red LEDs into the rear view mirror to give red glow which is a touch I like. Want it wired to ignition though as its wired to switched live from fuse box

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Just 12v from fuse box? No inline fuses?

I've wired 2 red LEDs into the rear view mirror to give red glow which is a touch I like. Want it wired to ignition though as its wired to switched live from fuse box

Nope, straight from the roof light. '+' to the red/black and '-' to the blue (the brown is left as it is). Just run the cable along the roof lining and side pillar and then to the locations you want. The trusty wire coat hanger always comes in handy for feeding the cables!

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
The ones I used were basically 3528 smd's. Just do a search in the bay for 5M 500cm LED 3528 SMD Flexible Strip and you'll get the idea.

Front:
2f1e04fb.jpg

Back:
d9d15c1d.jpg

They look very smart! Good work!

I did this in my Clio, but with blue SMD strips, not white. They were ridiculously bright!
I can only find one picture of them, and the quality is useless!
12733046.jpg

I loved them at the time I put them in, but after 6 months or so they started to wind me up and I disconnected them! :lol:

Last edited:

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
They look very smart! Good work!

I did this in my Clio, but with blue SMD strips, not white. They were ridiculously bright!
I can only find one picture of them, and the quality is useless!
12733046.jpg

I loved them at the time I put them in, but after 6 months or so they started to wind me up and I disconnected them! :lol:

You're right...that is a bit bright! Mine are nice and subtle and are obviously only on when the interior lights come on.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
You're right...that is a bit bright! Mine are nice and subtle and are obviously only on when the interior lights come on.

Haha I know, I was young and had nothing better to do with myself than put chavvy blue lights in my car (cringe!)

Like I say, good work with yours, my mate wants to do it on his Golf so I'll be sorting that out soon, no doubt :)

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Last question Rob!

Can you cut the strip Led into sections?

There are a few people on eBay who will cut them to whatever length you want, and add as much wire as you need, Thats how I did it. Not at all expensive either!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.