City SEAT Basingstoke - cease trading!

Leeboy22001

Jun 19, 2002
Portsmouth
Visit site
Just found out that City SEAT Basingstoke has ceased trading !, I was supposed to pick up my new used car this Saturday, even paid the £500 holding deposit, looks like I've lost that then ! :-(.. can't believe it [:@]

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Just found out that City SEAT Basingstoke has ceased trading !, I was supposed to pick up my new used car this Saturday, even paid the £500 holding deposit, looks like I've lost that then ! :-(.. can't believe it [:@]

section 75 if you paid with a card

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
I paid with debit card, wish I hadn't, so not sure where I stand with that !?

Still can claim as you have not received the goods

I bought a car years ago but changed my mind and cancelled.
Dealer did not want to cough up the 500 paid as a deposit and that was a NatWest debit card. They claimed it back for me.

Ring the card issuer right now.

Leeboy22001

Jun 19, 2002
Portsmouth
Visit site
Thanks am on the case !, claim registered, and email with transaction details sent and receipt confirmed :).. just need to wait 14 days for a result !

Last edited:

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
My mate bought a Leon fr170 there , took the warranty,
Turbo failed and a/c compressor and some other bits , anyways garage did the work, nothing more was said.
Then the warranty bounced and he was left with the bill for over £1K ,
Liquidation company are offering 25p to every £1 on the warranty now but he's fighting it for the lot
Talk about a shambles

Leeboy22001

Jun 19, 2002
Portsmouth
Visit site
That's terrible :(, my bank paid me back to £500 I'd lost, but they could claim it back if it was an invalid claim, or I get my money back from the administrators!, I can't see that happening !

Graham'sLeon3

Dec 14, 2016
I bought my Seat Leon ST in Basingstoke , sorted finance which included paint & interior protection . I was allowed to take it the same day.Two days later I turned up to get the valet and protection done
Only to find place all locked up ! A salesman came out of Skoda next door and told us everyone was told to go home as they have ceased
Trading with immediate effect !
I have no protection put on car, but was sent a confirmation of cover from the protection Co. dated from day of collecting car .
I haven't got a clue where to take car to get it done or where to get it serviced when due........!
Is there anyone else who has same issue with the Basingstoke branch ?
My First Seat and Love it !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
I bought my Seat Leon ST in Basingstoke , sorted finance which included paint & interior protection . I was allowed to take it the same day.Two days later I turned up to get the valet and protection done
Only to find place all locked up ! A salesman came out of Skoda next door and told us everyone was told to go home as they have ceased
Trading with immediate effect !
I have no protection put on car, but was sent a confirmation of cover from the protection Co. dated from day of collecting car .
I haven't got a clue where to take car to get it done or where to get it serviced when due........!
Is there anyone else who has same issue with the Basingstoke branch ?
My First Seat and Love it !

Got my Ibiza from Basingstoke as its my hometown and they knew about shutting down months ago mate! I had my service a couple months ago and they had already stopped everything at Basingstoke by that point, had to take my car to Newbury so that's well out of order taking your money for that as they obviously knew they would stop trading! I'd get on the phone right away pal and don't stop til you get that money back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graham'sLeon3

Dec 14, 2016
Thank you for letting me know about them knowing that they were closing.
Nothing was at all mentioned to us at time of arranging purchase / finance. Having never owned or driven a Seat before,
I absolutely love it, the looks of the Leon st . and the ' Monsoon Grey colour ' just had to go for it.
I am very dissatisfied with the now de-funked dealership , no contact what so ever. As well as what you suggest , I will contact the finance company as they have already paid the money to 'Seat' for this paint/ interior protection that never got done ! But have a certificate stating its covered from date of purchase , 3 days before closing doors !
Regards Graham.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.