Brochure and Finance Calculator Live

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Are they not both a lot smaller than a Tiguan?

Yes they are smaller, not by that much, we have the MK1 Tig which is slightly smaller than the current MK2 Tig. Arona has interior from an Ibiza and is slightly longer than an Ibiza but more head and legroom. T-Roc is similar in size to a golf inside and out and slightly bigger all round than the Arona. :confused:

I can only go on sizes in the brochure though for the moment TBH.

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
Weird that there's no options to select in the configurator. Would like to know how much full parking sensors with camera would cost.

PH1L NI

Agnew SEAT
Jan 6, 2009
Northern Ireland
www.modmedia.co.uk
Weird that there's no options to select in the configurator. Would like to know how much full parking sensors with camera would cost.

SEAT's philosophy this time round is that they have most bases covered with their model range and in-fact they believe that there will be no need for customers to add options but simply select the model that comes with everything they need. So, in this instance the model you would need to select to get the sensors, and camera etc would be the XCELLENCE Lux.

The only options we can add when ordering on our internal system (on the entry level SE Model, for example) is Pre-Installation Towbar, Extended Warranty for 4/5 years, an Alarm and/or a Space Saving Spare wheel.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
SEAT's philosophy this time round is that they have most bases covered with their model range and in-fact they believe that there will be no need for customers to add options but simply select the model that comes with everything they need. So, in this instance the model you would need to select to get the sensors, and camera etc would be the XCELLENCE Lux.

The only options we can add when ordering on our internal system (on the entry level SE Model, for example) is Pre-Installation Towbar, Extended Warranty for 4/5 years, an Alarm and/or a Space Saving Spare wheel.

Hope this helps.

It does, thanks. Although I don't necessarily like it!

PH1L NI

Agnew SEAT
Jan 6, 2009
Northern Ireland
www.modmedia.co.uk
It does, thanks. Although I don't necessarily like it!

Yes, I think it'll slowly start to become the norm. Reason being the new WLTP testing (MPG Testing) will mean that any options a car comes with will change the figures and make it really challenging for brands to provide all the various figures required. This will be neater. I agree it takes away some element of customisation but I don’t know about other dealers but traditionally the majority of our cars ordered here are ordered as standard variants with little to no options selected.

CrunchieCat

Nov 3, 2017
UK Buyers losing out?

I have the money ready to buy a new DSG Arona but, as a music lover, it must come with the excellent Beats Audio upgrade. Here in the UK it is not possible to buy a DSG Arona with the Beats Audio system because the single "Limited Edition" trim that does have Beats Audio as standard is only available with a Manual gearbox. This is madness! Seat Ireland, France, Holland, Belgium and, in fact, all over Europe, allow me to order the Xcellence and then pay extra for the Beats Audio but in the UK it looks like you must pick from a preset "take it or leave it" trim. I can add Beats Audio to most trim levels of the Ibiza but not it's new crossover variant the Arona? No other manufacturer is as restrictive as this so why are Seat UK being different to every other Seat country offering the Arona? Don't Seat UK want my money?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Order one in Eire?

Buy one in the UK and get a Car Audio place to put a decent upgrade in?

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I have the money ready to buy a new DSG Arona but, as a music lover, it must come with the excellent Beats Audio upgrade. Here in the UK it is not possible to buy a DSG Arona with the Beats Audio system because the single "Limited Edition" trim that does have Beats Audio as standard is only available with a Manual gearbox. This is madness! Seat Ireland, France, Holland, Belgium and, in fact, all over Europe, allow me to order the Xcellence and then pay extra for the Beats Audio but in the UK it looks like you must pick from a preset "take it or leave it" trim. I can add Beats Audio to most trim levels of the Ibiza but not it's new crossover variant the Arona? No other manufacturer is as restrictive as this so why are Seat UK being different to every other Seat country offering the Arona? Don't Seat UK want my money?

Have you spoken to a dealer or SEAT UK, (neither may be that helpful!!), as currently there are no options other than colour in the brochure or website :confused:

CrunchieCat

Nov 3, 2017
My local Seat dealers (England) have been unhelpful and unknowledgable. I'm reticent to have the Beats Audio added to the Arona after purchase because I did that on my Fabia and the doors have rattled ever since. The Ateca is now offering the Beats Audio upgrade in Europe so I might wait to see if it comes here in Feb 2018 along with the Virtual Cockpit (the Seat Sound upgrade is wooly and middly because of the centre speaker usage, Beats Audio is the real deal for low bass sounds). An Arona for me is preferable but I need a DSG model with the Beats package. Maybe next year I can pick up a secondhand up-specced demonstrator model with the Beats Audio in it. Or talk to my dealer about importing one from Eire. Madness!!

CrunchieCat

Nov 3, 2017
I just had this reply from SEAT UK about me not being able to spec up a new Arona to add Beats Audio to the DSG Xcellence model like you can with Seat ireland and all over Europe:-

"Our Product Support Team have advised that the reason for this is that we do not believe there would be enough demand in the UK market for this option. As an importer, it costs SEAT UK to make options available for UK customers. Therefore, if we believe that an option would not have any uptake (due to various reasons e.g. previous marketing data), we will not make it available. We would not offer exceptions or special orders; I am sorry for any disappointment this may cause".

Last edited:

CrunchieCat

Nov 3, 2017
see post #6 above re SEAT UK options policy also.

I think it's shortsighted of (only) SEAT UK to deprive a DSG customer of the Beats Audio upgrade, whatever the trim. Looks like I'll have to spend my money on the T-Roc instead where I can specify Beats Audio and DSG Gearbox together.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Given that DSG is a notorious unreliable piece of crap, why not buy a manual with all the other stuff you want?

CrunchieCat

Nov 3, 2017
I love the DSG gearbox, I hope I never have to suffer a manual gearbox again.

Unless I buy another VW brand I might wait until early next year when the Arona will be getting the new digital cockpit:-

youtube.com/watch?v=hI_u9ALlysk&feature=youtu.be&t=47s

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.