Speed camera gadgets

guari

Nov 17, 2014
Dear all,

Just wondering if you guys / gals have any of those speed camera detectors and if you have any input / concerns about those.

I'm not familiar with UK roads and less with the position of these cameras and would love to be able to drive at the mandated limits (avoiding a ticket!!).

I originally thought of getting a Garmin Nuvi as those seem to have a great speed camera database but after receiving the car, having two sat navs just for cameras seems really redundant.

I've seen a new non-satnav gadget called the Snooper 4Zero which seems to have all bases covered. Not sure if anyone has had any experience with it or maybe with the brand? Are there others which you could recommend over this model?

Thanks a lot!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Android App (or IOS)

CamerAlert - put it on my phone free - 4 quid for a dash phone mount off ebay - saved a fortune.

Full database included free - I've used this pocketgpsworld database on my Navman in the other car for years.

Works well gives audio warning approaching cameras - further sounds and speed limit display if you are over.

Its a must have - especially with the bloody non customisable factory Seat Media 2.2 on board.

guari

Nov 17, 2014
Android App (or IOS)

CamerAlert - put it on my phone free - 4 quid for a dash phone mount off ebay - saved a fortune.

Full database included free - I've used this pocketgpsworld database on my Navman in the other car for years.

Works well gives audio warning approaching cameras - further sounds and speed limit display if you are over.

Its a must have - especially with the bloody non customisable factory Seat Media 2.2 on board.
Will give this a go, hadn't thought of the phone gps!

Thanks camel

guari

Nov 17, 2014
Wow. Taking a look at the cam database. Coming from a country where speed cams are non-existent this is quite the contrast.

Makes you think if this is really done with the welfare of the road users in mind or if it's just another cash cow.

Wow.

hybrid713

Aug 18, 2015
I second CamerAlert, works like a treat and database is excellent when used in the UK. Unfortunately it couldn't save me from a hidden mobile van during my holiday in North Wales. Now that I have driven for a couple of years, I know where to be be extra cautious. Lately I started using the navi app Waze which seems to be pretty good - not sure if I would depend my life on its speed cam feature tho.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise