Central Locking Dead

Kayden25

Oct 4, 2015
I just taken ownership of a Seat Ibiza chill 1.4 51plate. Problem is with the central locking. It is completely dead. Nothing is working interior door switch for the central locking is not working either.

I tried stripping down the drivers door to check the wiring all seems fine.
Stripped the drivers door lock and all seems fine there. Micro switches clicking when I turn the wheel the door lock padddle goes into.

The key fob dosent operate the central locking, I have tried syncing but no joy there light on fob flashes as if its syncing then nothing happens.

Had a look at the fuses and all seem fine

Tried locking the doors with the knob on the drivers door just locks that door manually.

The previous owner told me the central locking stopped working so he just used the key in the lock but that has stopped working aswell. Paddle snapped off the end.

I have removed the barrel (it just came out with the key). I have removed the barrel and currently fixing the paddle part. Am I missing something? Any suggestions?

ahm

Jul 3, 2014
I have the same problem of totally dead central locking. Never yet found the source, but then I haven't yet looked properly.

Luckily manual locks still work properly.

If you figure it out let me know!

Sent from my S30 using Tapatalk

Kayden25

Oct 4, 2015
Will do. Planning on getting into it properly next weekend. Will update this with solution when I find the problem. Just realised this post is in the wrong thread FAQ's

Feb 23, 2019
If the central locking don’t work try and get it plugged into vagcom and if it doesn’t talk to vagcom then it’s the central locking modual located behind the clocks.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members