mk2 Useful Parts + info List

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
as there is a few part numbers and tweaks and tricks about the forum that are all in the name of saving time/money i thought i'd start a parts list off for easier reference (any additions feel free to add:

Inner CV Driveshaft Bolts

As the VW original multi spline ones are well at best 'soft' and shouldn't be reused as you can gaurantee one will round off when rerplacing them use the stronger Allen headed version available from local Ford Dealer - cheaper too *edit 2009* now supplied Torx 6 Type but still just as strong and put VW ones to shame

pt/no 6769287

be 100% sure you replace the double washers as without these your shaft bolts will work themselves loose and usually drive the shaft out the bottom of through the gear box casing

cvbolt.jpg

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Caliper Slider Pins

Lucas type Caliper Slider Pins

The Ibiza 256/280mm brakes share the same caliper but with different frames to which the slider pins have a habit of siezing up from road crud and lack of maintenance and usually need drilling out

VAG only supply them with a new complete frame and the GSF kit is only the rubbers to cover them with some grease but a supply is available.

FORD part number - F6141154 (pack of 2) £8.00 + vat roughly (inc grease)

can confirm they fit perfect to the front and will evaluate the rear also as i think they are shorter but i will update details as they come.

Rob ibiza cupra

just got my hands on a seat ibiza 2.0 16v 150bhp as standard just woundering what will i gain from a remap would it be bout 190 ? and what could you suggest to make it go quick, will i feel a different with fast road camshafts, and will alot of new ibiza parts fit in the 1999 model ? just wanting to make it into my little project, make a sleeper out of it, cheers.

Rob ibiza cupra

is it possible to make my 1999 ibiza cupra 16v 2.0 pop when it redlined what would i have to do to gain this ?

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
just got my hands on a seat ibiza 2.0 16v 150bhp as standard just woundering what will i gain from a remap would it be bout 190 ? and what could you suggest to make it go quick, will i feel a different with fast road camshafts, and will alot of new ibiza parts fit in the 1999 model ? just wanting to make it into my little project, make a sleeper out of it, cheers.

at least 151 unless yours is Big Pete's old one then it'll be 144:rofl:
cams possibly but probably not enough for the money involved
you could probably fit an air freshener, should fit both models

is it possible to make my 1999 ibiza cupra 16v 2.0 pop when it redlined what would i have to do to gain this ?

ignore the redline in every gear, it'll go pop alright

you'll spend a lot of money for little gain for what you appear to want

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise