Tyre requirements help

patxarana

Oct 27, 2015
I need help picking up winter tyres for my Seat Toledo. My tire size (plus load index and speed) is nowhere to be found in my car, not in the booklet, not in the registration papers and nowhere in the car either (Ireland reg). It is a 2007 Seat Toledo 1.6R SPIRIT 5DR, currently fitted with Bridgestone summer tyres 205/55 R16 91W (the dealer fitted them in last time).
I have a set of Dunlop Winter Sport 5, 205/55 R16 91H (not fitted yet). Would those be OK for this car for winter tyres?
I cannot seem to find the recommended tyre requirements for winter tyres anywhere in my papers or the car. The only info on my registration papers is a tyre approval number E9*2001/116*0050*04, not sure what that is? Can anyone shed some light on that? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

patxarana

Oct 27, 2015
Thanks for that. Unfortunately that site only works with UK regs, it doesn't work on an Irish reg (pity!)

Hoikey

Aug 5, 2015
Stoke
Winters will be a slower speed rating so don't worry about it. They will be fine

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
just do search by tyre size, You have all those details 205/55/R16 then the Load 91 and Speed rating, H should be fine up to 130 MPH

patxarana

Oct 27, 2015
I was thinking that myself, H is plenty, I won't go anywhere near those speeds anyway! The reason I am asking is for insurance purposes, as sometimes you wouldn't be covered unless you use the manufacturer's recommended speed rating? But I don't seem to be able to find that info anywhere

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise