Hazard warning lights problem

ahm

Jul 3, 2014
Hi All,

My car picked up a pretty strange problem today, wondering if anyone has had the same thing or has any ideas on what it could be...

I've got a standard mk3 ibiza cupra, and it's decided that every time I open any of the doors the hazard warning lights come on. I would guess this is something to do with the alarm, but it doesn't honk the horn as well as flashing the lights. The only way I've found to turn them off is to turn the engine off then start it again, and then turn the hazards on and off with the button on the dash. I wonder if it might be related to the fact the central locking has also packed in (although this happened a while ago)..

Anyone got any ideas? Cheers!

Kayden25

Oct 4, 2015
Stuck or broken micro switch on one of the door locks. My missus has a seat leon mk1 with this issue. If she uses the fob on the key sometimes the drivers door wont lock/unlock. If its the unlock button she presses then the hazzards go mad when the door is opened. untill the key is put in the ignition and switched on and off.

I gave the door a good thump beside the door handle and it started working again. Still happens now and then.
The fix for her is for me to strip the lock mechanism and clean the switch or re-solder the contacts. There is thread for this fix on the leon mk1 threads. The ibiza has a similar set up. Fixing this I suspect will probabbly fix your central locking issues and your hazzard problem. Car is confused as to whether is locked or not.

I suspect i have a similar issue with my Ibiza but mine is completely dead not even hazards coming on just no power what so ever to any of the locks.

ahm

Jul 3, 2014
Cheers for the wisdom! It ended up only doing that for a week or so, and then stopped it altogether.

I think one of these days I need to have a good look over all the central locking set up.

Sent from my S30 using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.