2016 SEATCupra.net National Meetup AT TRAX 25th SEPT - 15th Anniversary

Would you be interested in a national meeting in August this year?

• Total voters

machman

Feb 4, 2014
kent
national day

hope this takes off.although August is a difficult month for many with holidays .all being well i will be there[B)]

avram

Oct 8, 2015
Im really upfor this!! Would be my first proper car meet! Only had the leon for about a year havent showed it off yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Good responses guys - need to start thinking logistics as the interest is clearly there to make this a goer.

Has anyone got any suggestions of a central meeting location / venue we could use?

Cheers,

Scott

blair27

Jan 19, 2016
Armadale, West Lothian
Racing Circuits in the midlands a good start?

Croft
Cadwell
Donington
Oulton Park
Mallory Park

Just to name a few, could either see if they have a show on or there will no doubt be racing on! I know There's a show in Newcastle at the beginning of August! But may be a bit far north for some, not aaas central.

Upia

Nov 30, 2015
Derbyshire
Shame it's a Sunday, I would've come but I'm always busy with the kids on Sundays.

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Racing Circuits in the midlands a good start?

Croft
Cadwell
Donington
Oulton Park
Mallory Park

Just to name a few, could either see if they have a show on or there will no doubt be racing on! I know There's a show in Newcastle at the beginning of August! But may be a bit far north for some, not aaas central.

Thanks. Does anyone fancy doing a bit of digging to help us out? I'm mega busy at work at the moment so won't have a chance to look for a week or so and don't want to leave things too late.

Cheers,

Scott

blair27

Jan 19, 2016
Armadale, West Lothian
Thanks. Does anyone fancy doing a bit of digging to help us out? I'm mega busy at work at the moment so won't have a chance to look for a week or so and don't want to leave things too late.

Cheers,

Scott

What do you want us to look for? Potential shows? Or dates of racing etc? Around the Midlands?

I can have a scan through the circuit sites and other sites to look for shows or events o, if that's what's on?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
What do you want us to look for? Potential shows? Or dates of racing etc? Around the Midlands?

I can have a scan through the circuit sites and other sites to look for shows or events o, if that's what's on?

That sounds great. Attending an existing show / event would make logistics easier.

We have considered a meetup of our own somewhere - field / sponsor premises etc. - could get along a burger van, sponsors stands etc. but that might be a bit trickier and require more legwork and we have busy day jobs. Still open to all options at the moment though. We've got a good amount of interest.

Anything you can find would be great, appreciate your efforts.

Scott

blair27

Jan 19, 2016
Armadale, West Lothian
That sounds great. Attending an existing show / event would make logistics easier.

We have considered a meetup of our own somewhere - field / sponsor premises etc. - could get along a burger van, sponsors stands etc. but that might be a bit trickier and require more legwork and we have busy day jobs. Still open to all options at the moment though. We've got a good amount of interest.

Anything you can find would be great, appreciate your efforts.

Scott

I'll get on it tomorrow, see if I can find anything that has potential! I'll report back any of my findings! I haven't been to a meet in years so looking forward to hopefully getting something set up! :happy:

blair27

Jan 19, 2016
Armadale, West Lothian
Auto metrix VW Trackday - 13th Aug - Trackday/vag club stands etc - Castle Combe Circuit

Rollhard - 14th August Baintree- Info not up yet

SXOC Weekend - 19-21 Aug - Rockingham Speedway

Kultureshock - 21st Aug - Newcastle Race course

German vs Jap Car Show- 27/28th Aug - Claydon Estate Show field, Middle Claydon (Buckingham)

Edition 38 2/4th Sept. - Overstone Park

Forge Action Day - 10th Sept - Castle Combe Circuit

Just what I have managed to find so far, as I say not been to a show in ages! Not sure if there are any others on around then! From what I read the AutoMetrix looks/sounds a good day, but all of these days did!

Upia

Nov 30, 2015
Derbyshire
I'm in provided it's not a Sunday. Anyone closer to Derbyshire way? Wouldn't fancy driving further alone :p

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Auto metrix VW Trackday - 13th Aug - Trackday/vag club stands etc - Castle Combe Circuit

Rollhard - 14th August Baintree- Info not up yet

SXOC Weekend - 19-21 Aug - Rockingham Speedway

Kultureshock - 21st Aug - Newcastle Race course

German vs Jap Car Show- 27/28th Aug - Claydon Estate Show field, Middle Claydon (Buckingham)

Edition 38 2/4th Sept. - Overstone Park

Forge Action Day - 10th Sept - Castle Combe Circuit

Just what I have managed to find so far, as I say not been to a show in ages! Not sure if there are any others on around then! From what I read the AutoMetrix looks/sounds a good day, but all of these days did!

Cheers. Thanks for this.

What's people's thoughts / preferences to the suggestions?

Scott

avram

Oct 8, 2015
Auto metrix and german vs jap car show sound best to me,

Just that there will be a variety of other vag cars will be good also for other seat owners who arent on this forum.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oggydoodaa

Dec 13, 2015
Basingstoke
I'd love to attend sounds awesome! I've never been to a car meet and shown off my own car before. I need to work on it to get it ready though as someone stole my drivers side mirror!

machman

Feb 4, 2014
kent
National day

If the choice is to "piggy back" with another show for our national day , which makes sense as time is short probably the best option would be trax 25th sept silverstone.
Plenty of trade stands, reasonably central, loads of cars to look at and track action.?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
If the choice is to "piggy back" with another show for our national day , which makes sense as time is short probably the best option would be trax 25th sept silverstone.
Plenty of trade stands, reasonably central, loads of cars to look at and track action.?

Sounds good. Gives us a bit more time too.

What's the general view from people who have said they would attend (originally August)? Trax sound good? It's £18 per head for club visitors (discounted rate).

Might get more people as well as out of holiday seasons.

Scott

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members