Performance Torque remapped Cupra 280

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
NEW UPDATE ON POST BELOW - Stage 1 with DSG remap now running 376/378.

I got the Cupra remapped today with Will at P-Torque, I've had him map cars for me previously and they have always gone well on road and track. Just a basic remap with no other mods netted 350/350, if I want a bit more I can take it back and add in the DSG map.

It drives as you would expect, very quick but also very smooth, so I'm very pleased, it feels like this was how it was meant to come from the factory. Launching from a standstill is really surprising for a front wheel drive car and very addictive, it feels rapid off the line (Powerflex insert and PS4S tyres).

It will be interesting to see how it fares in the wet, but I have a feeling with the delivery, it should be pretty awesome. It will be tested on track in a few weeks at Rockingham.

c64c7b8cc8666ba54316f6ad81425be9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I remember going up to P-Torque to map my PD130 Ibiza when he'd only just moved into his unit about 8 or 9 years ago and was just starting out - his Dad even made me a cup of tea! His BAM engined track prepped mk2 golf was just sitting outside too waiting hooned around too...

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
Just an update now I've done some more miles and also a trackday, the remap has been brilliant on both road and track, as quick as expected against other fast cars and an absolute bargain for the price :D

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
9b08c61afe7679df9dcb05ed7728d8cc.jpg

Will at P-Torque did the DSG and tweaked the map today, the results were 376 and 378. Its excellent to drive and pretty rabid, feels like a bigger improvement than the figures suggest. I’m expecting it will be a bit quicker at Oulton next month...

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
How come the bhp increased so much from the original p-torque map once you added the dsg map?

It’s just the way he mapped it, I get the impression he likes to be happy that everything is within its limits, certainly no complaints from me :)

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
morning all I also had a couple of my cars done with will at p-torque my pd 130 Ibiza tdi fr was great
ended with 195bhp mine was standard 156bhp which was good to start with so lots of praise for will so good choice to go with will how much did he charge if you don't mind me asking as I have the cupra 300 dsg now
cheers all

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
morning all I also had a couple of my cars done with will at p-torque my pd 130 Ibiza tdi fr was great

ended with 195bhp mine was standard 156bhp which was good to start with so lots of praise for will so good choice to go with will how much did he charge if you don't mind me asking as I have the cupra 300 dsg now

cheers all

Yes, he has done several of my cars, all tracked too.

The normal prices are £345 for a basic remap then another £345 for the DSG map and additional tweaks. However, I got both maps when he had a 20% discount offer :)

Even the basic remap makes a huge difference; it made it notably quicker than quite a few similar / higher powered cars when it was being punted around a track. :D

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
Also cooler on the day

Yes, he mentioned that when we were chatting afterwards, still a large difference in on road performance and to be honest, the bare (exact) figures don’t mean anything really, but they can be a good illustration. For me it’s the actual performance that really matters and I look forward to bench marking it against some “quick” cars at Oulton next month :)

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Wasn't sure if the power has to be limited until the dsg software is altered or something like that, what is actually changed in the dsg software with p-torque?

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
Wasn't sure if the power has to be limited until the dsg software is altered or something like that, what is actually changed in the dsg software with p-torque?

You would have to drop Will an email for proper details, all I know is the clamping force is increased and the changes in Sport and using the paddles are sharper, I guess there are more differences. Sorry I don’t have more information!

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
After lots more driving, including my 200 mile commute, the map has been brilliant. It feels a lot better just nipping around at low rpm too, very perky and responsive :D

I had a great drive home tonight, although it’s not the quickest car I’ve owned, it felt like a rocket ship this evening :D PS4S tyres are like witchcraft, 1 degree, very wet and no grip issues.

Pimpchez

Jan 20, 2018
After lots more driving, including my 200 mile commute, the map has been brilliant. It feels a lot better just nipping around at low rpm too, very perky and responsive :D

I had a great drive home tonight, although it’s not the quickest car I’ve owned, it felt like a rocket ship this evening :D PS4S tyres are like witchcraft, 1 degree, very wet and no grip issues.
I am also local to P torque , did you get a boost and AfR plot too ?
Making peak power just before 6000rpm is early so must be some kinda gas flow restriction

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
I am also local to P torque , did you get a boost and AfR plot too ?
Making peak power just before 6000rpm is early so must be some kinda gas flow restriction

No I didn’t. The graph versus the driving experience is interesting, it feels like it pulls really well at the top of the rev range. Hopefully there will be some fast cars as standard at Oulton in a few weeks so I can make some real world comparisons of its performance :) I would be very surprised if the standard intake, elbow and downpipe weren’t a bit restrictive at these power levels, it’s still a bit crazy how much extra performance you get without hardware...

Pimpchez

Jan 20, 2018
No I didn’t. The graph versus the driving experience is interesting, it feels like it pulls really well at the top of the rev range. Hopefully there will be some fast cars as standard at Oulton in a few weeks so I can make some real world comparisons of its performance :) I would be very surprised if the standard intake, elbow and downpipe weren’t a bit restrictive at these power levels, it’s still a bit crazy how much extra performance you get without hardware...
If your ever around wolves , just drop me a pm and we will see how they compare

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.