New member: some Altea '63 plate questions

SunnysideUK

Nov 13, 2017
Dorset
Hi everyone.
I've recently joined and have some unanswered questions on my 63 plate Altea.

1. Steering wheel mic button & Bluetooth
I don't use Bluetooth but keep accidentally hitting the mic button on the steering wheel.
Can this button or Bluetooth I assume is related to it be disabled?
My dads VW Touran has a similar layout with Bluetooth but this button is used to immediately mute any sound, which I find very useful.

2. Boot closure problem.
In an attempt to help identify my dads touran parking sensor problem (they look the same) I used mine to swap out his to find the duff one. However I decided to see how easy/hard it is to remove the rear bumper ass'y. Not too bad, lots of screws! 2 awkward ones to put back near the rear arches at ~12 O'clock. Anyway, after putting back I found I have to now push much harder to close. Guess it could be the rubber seal but I did use a wooden block and hammer to push back. Any ideas?

3. SATNAV.
Surprisingly the satnav is more inaccurate than my Garmin 310 with 2004 maps, once attempting to wrongly guide me down a one way road. Anyway, are SEAT obliged to update the map date (safety?), if not is there a FREE way of updating the map data (& POI's)?
Also, can speed cam warnings be enabled?
As it is, I tend to use my Garmin!, as it's map data is more accurate and it gives speed camera warnings (and a lot more).

4. OBD2.
Has anyone have any recommendations for a model that works well with a free iOS app (or possibly Android). Seems WiFi for iOS and Bluetooth for Android (I don't know why that is).
Looked at the ELM327 WiFi but not sure of the free functionality of any go the free apps.

5. Dashcam.
Anyone suggest an economic model that is low profile?
Issues are the unusual (but I like) wiper layout leaving dirty glass in front of the screen mirror.
Is battery or capacitor model better? I've seen the cap models advertised with g-Shock, etc functions but I assume needs power full time. Then worried what the 'standby power consumption of this and its 12v/5v regulator consume.

6. Disabling the SRS (air bags) & dashcam cabling.
With a view of fitting the dashcam, I'm looking at removing the front pillar plastics, but I see airbag in them. How do I best route one (or two) cables down to power/rear camera?

Any info on any this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Neil, SunnysideUK
P.S. Sorry if I'm overloading the forum!
20171120.mon 14:35

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise