Altea FR windscreen washer fuse.

NJHaire69

Nov 26, 2017
Does anyone know where the fuse for screen washers is located. I have checked manual and fuses below steering wheel and in the engine compartment. All fuses are ok, but my screen washers do not work. I am asking in case it has been removed or how can I check?
169eff86eaba0a3df2210000a7d4577c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

leskriett

Feb 25, 2017
Rotherham
Hi,

I had the same sort of fault, turns out it wasn't the fuse but a relay.

Is there anything else not working? The relay in question does the cig lighter, front washers, rear washer and rear wipe.

Details here on replacement required:

"If anyone else has this issue, open the drivers door, remove the dash end panel (just prises off) and the fuse cover and then the lower dash panel (just to get some light in).

Just above the fusebox is a relay panel, there are 2 large relays numbered 460, the one in question is on the right as you sit in the drivers seat (nearest the door).

The relay part number is 1K0 951 253A and cost me about £13 from a VW dealer.

Swapped the relay over and the dead circuits have come to life again."

Lee.

Feb 2, 2021
Hi
I recently baught a 2008 Seat Altea Stylance. And recently noticed the the wind screen sprayer (washer) not working. Looked for the fuse and could not find any fuse dedicated fuse to the pump. Bought a new pump and replaced but still not working. Anyone have an idea what could be the problem.

wipers and cig. Lighter are working fine.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I had a problem at mot time when then the washers wouldn’t work, found the washers/wipers don’t operate when the bonnet is unlatched, switch under the bonnet?

Feb 2, 2021
Hi Martin
Thanks for the help.
I just checked and the bonnet is fully latched, but still sprayer didn't work. But the wiper works.

Feb 2, 2021
Hi All.
I found the problem and rectified it. One of the relays (relay 404 ) which is located above the fuse box inside car was faulty. Once replaced the washer started working.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.