Condensation in rear brake light.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Took the car into the dealership today to have the rear lights looked at. One of the lights had water drops inside and will be replaced under warranty no questions asked. Other light hasnt formed any water droplets so wont be replaced until it gets worse. Car booked in for a few weeks.

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
Took the car into the dealership today to have the rear lights looked at. One of the lights had water drops inside and will be replaced under warranty no questions asked. Other light hasnt formed any water droplets so wont be replaced until it gets worse. Car booked in for a few weeks.
Glad you had better luck than me mate.

Ogi

Jul 13, 2018
Serbia
Dear all,

Is there anyone here who fixed this without changing it under warranty ? Becouse not all cars are under warranty, such as mine. :)

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Dear all,

Is there anyone here who fixed this without changing it under warranty ? Becouse not all cars are under warranty, such as mine. :)
Pre-Facelift or Facelift replacement is broadly the same.

Buy the light units new (dealer) or euro car parts (or carparts4less which is their eBay marketplace) - light units are made by Valeo. Job is relatively simple, just don't over-tighten the nuts when replacing the light unit otherwise you'll crack it and the moisture will get in, which is why so many of the pre-face lift cars had this fault.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.