Tyres for Cupra 280 (235/35/19)

ImJennings

Nov 21, 2017
England
Hi Guys,

What are your recommendations for tyres on the Cupra?

I've heard good things about the Continental Sport Contact 6, but I've read up that the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 are the dogs nuts and have come won of most of the tyre tests. I could also do with them lasting a fair few miles, I don't fancy forking out for another set by the end of the year!

Hoping to eliminate some of the 1st/2nd gear wheel spin!

Cheers

Last edited:

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Need not look anywhere else. Unbeatable dry grip, higher than average wet grip and long life.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

rozer1974

Feb 6, 2017
wirral
Michelin pilot 4 s are the best tyres you can fit to your cupra from experience the conti sport 6 are sticky but I worn my down in 4 months they don't last / the Goodyear eagle are ok but not in the same league as the p4s. get your self a 034 motorsport dog bone mount that will stop most of the wheel hop.

ImJennings

Nov 21, 2017
England
Michelin pilot 4 s are the best tyres you can fit to your cupra from experience the conti sport 6 are sticky but I worn my down in 4 months they don't last / the Goodyear eagle are ok but not in the same league as the p4s. get your self a 034 motorsport dog bone mount that will stop most of the wheel hop.

Might start having to look at the P4s then. I've not seen the dog bone mount before, just had a quick look on the web, looks easy to install too. Think that's going to be a must have.

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
Ahh I see. How many miles have you had on them so far?
I've done 4000 miles and they are still at 6.5mm

The conti sport 5 that came from factory were illegal after 8000! I've seen people have over 15000 miles with the 4S.

I was sceptical when I heard how people were bumming the Michelins but they are totally worth the extra cost.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

rozer1974

Feb 6, 2017
wirral
so easy to fit and one off the best bang for buck mods you can do am on my second one now as they bend a bit over time.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.