Headlight wash delete or reduction code ?

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Just want to ask any experts if they have the vagcom code to reduce the amount of times the windscreen washer activates the the headlight wash? Only because it's using so much I'm constantly filing it with almost 5 litres , it's either that or it's got a leak , thanks in advance.

Last edited:

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Headlight washers seem to drink the fluid, especially at this time of year so i'd say you don't have a leak.

I am sure the coding can be changed but not sure how so I am sure someone will be along shortly to help.

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
Coded mine out with obd11. Wash everywhere on a clean car did for it, I only had winter pack for the seats.

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
Similar but app based. Lots on here and the obd11 website. I say coded but it was really a tick box to deactivate using credits you get when you buy.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Just want to ask any experts if they have the vagcom code to reduce the amount of times the windscreen washer activates the the headlight wash? Only because it's using so much I'm constantly filing it with almost 5 litres , it's either that or it's got a leak , thanks in advance.

I know not the best advice, but I turn off headlights momentarily (at a traffic light or during slow moving traffic) when I want to wash only the screen.

It's usually the 1st and 5th pull of the stalk anyway for headlight wash. Or there are times when people crossing the road get a bit too close to the front of my car...at night...so...'pull wash stalk towards me' :p

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
I know not the best advice, but I turn off headlights momentarily (at a traffic light or during slow moving traffic) when I want to wash only the screen.

It's usually the 1st and 5th pull of the stalk anyway for headlight wash. Or there are times when people crossing the road get a bit too close to the front of my car...at night...so...'pull wash stalk towards me' :p

Ok and thanks but I'm sure there is a code to do it somewhere .