Nico Rosberg retires after winning F1 title

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
If you're going to go, go at the top, or maybe he just couldn't stand another year with LH?

andycupra

status subject to change
i don't get this retire at the top.

you spend your life getting where you want to get then cut it short..

you get promoted to your dream job then resign? (working context not F1)

I'm not particularly a LH fan, even if he's a very local lad. But the sh1t he's put up with this year about what he gets up to... perhaps they need to give him a break if his team mate resigns as soon as the pressure is on him.
Rosberg spent his whole driving career coming second and was always the underdog, now he has spent a short period at the front he has said how intense the pressure was.

PS, mercedes are not a racing team, they are a business machine, i really dont like how they have got on LHs back, - in my opinion Lewis could have been really dirty in the last race but wasnt. and lets not forget only one of the mercedes drivers were guilty of driving the other off the track........ :whistle:

Last edited:

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
So how much higher can you go than world champion? already doing the dream job? and a bank balance most of us can only dream of, he has a young family to be with and could be making the correct choice the rest will never be in the position to make.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
If you read a bit more into it you'll see Nico is quiet a bright chap, he's retired world champ,took him 11yrs to do it. Life's to short time for summit else.especially with a young family

Good on him

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Nico put everything in to beating Lewis this year, sacrificing his personal life and family time to channel everything in to beating Lewis..... He simply doesn't want to continue doing that and I don't blame him in the slightest.

Deleted member 103593

he knows lewis is faster than him and it was luck (reliability) that helped him win the title so is quitting while ahead

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.