rubbish radio reception here is why !

grimble

Leon Mk2 2006 2.0 TFSI
Nov 20, 2014
Is it really that simple? I was frightened off by someone telling me airbags at the side could go off when you tamper with the lining, thus causing more grief and expense, -
I'm starting to lose faith in my mechanic!

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
Is it really that simple? I was frightened off by someone telling me airbags at the side could go off when you tamper with the lining, thus causing more grief and expense, -
I'm starting to lose faith in my mechanic!
well i have taken the trim off a few times & used the SEAT method of thumping them back into place :crash: with out a problem

by looks a white band has to be loosened in a crash to set em off

but dont quote me on that

mm

deadphill

Feb 7, 2008
Hi Guys

I replaced my HU some time back for a JVC which has dual input for standard FM and the ISO connection for DAB.

I managed to find an adapter which would take the FAKRA input the car supplies and then split this out to the dual inputs of din and FAKRA inputs my HU has. I have taken 12v from the blue aerial line to power it and I get varying results. Both FM and DAB are degraded compared to the FM signal when I had the factory fitted radio in.

It has been a few years this has been fitted, so I was wondering if anyone knows if I might have done this wrong or if I should just stick to getting DAB through the aerial and forgetting FM altogether.

I will try and check back with the model of the head unit, but I am at work right now which does not facilitate just being able to get up and walk out!

Cheers

Phill

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
I am still in trouble with my after market radio/sat nav With the engine switch off it works perfetly no interference. But as soon as the engine is running I have interference. I have fitted the booster as recommended by crispdust and the earthing is a ok. But the interference is driving me mad with the engine switched off the radio reception is perfect. Any advice would be appreciated

processpaul

Nov 24, 2006
Brighton
Just changed mine on 2005 year, part number listed here was not correct for my car. It has a fixed thread where the aerial screws in.

Part number from tps was 5P0035501. £16.40

JonnyO

Mar 25, 2016
Many thanks for the advice in this thread. I've just changed my aerial base and now have perfect radio signal in my Freetrack. Happy days!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.