Need help i have no heating

jonno_fr

Feb 5, 2014
grimsby
Hi guys i will jump straight to it. My heating has packed up on my car and im not sure why. I have checked all the fuses and they seem fine but i have noticed under the bonnet were the battery should be there is a box with some exposed wire( the lid of the box has come off) and they have started to rust. Can anyone tell me if this box is anthing to do with the heating or not

6r0915429 this ia the parts number for the box lid hope it helps

Cheers guys

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hello and welcome to this forum!

Maybe include the date of manufacture of your car as that might changes which and/or where cabin heater fan fuse is as there were quite a few changes made during the production phase, I'm guessing that this is a pre face lift model.

That part number is for the section of cover that covers the "bolted strip" fuses, as opposed to Mini of ATO sized plug in fuses.

Okay, try fuse 2 that is inside the small box at the side of the battery - it should be an ATO sized green 30Amp one.

One other thing, have you checked that the pollen filter is clean and not clogged up, also have you tried the fan's fastest speed switch position as if it is just the speed controller unit, the fastest speed position might still work.

Other than that, maybe your fan motor has failed, or at least its motor brushes have worn down too far to still make contact.

jonno_fr

Feb 5, 2014
grimsby
Thank you
Yea sorry haha
My car is a 2010 seat ibiza cr fr 2.0 (not sure what the cr bit is for but thats what the log book says).

The battery for my car is in the boot under the spare wheel , will there be a fuse box near it still.
The fans all work on all speeds but just blasts cold air out regardless of temp set ( is a right nightmare now its frosty in the mornings haha)
Also I have the digital unit for my fans not the dials if thats any help.

Never thought to check the pollen filter will have a look when the rain stops
Cheers for the reply

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
CR just means common rail, ie the fuel injectors are fed from a fuel line that is pressurised.
Battery in boot causes me problems so I don’t know that answer, though as your fan is running okay that will not be the issue. What is probably faulty is the “temperature flap motor” that is used to blend incoming air with air directed through the heater matrix. Something to try:- change the temperature selection from High to Low and wait a minute each time, repeat that by changing Low to High and wait a minute each time. - repeat that at least 10 times to see if it cleans up theat flap motor’s positional feedback potentiometer track and contacts. Other than that you would need to use a compatible fault code reader to reveal any logged faults. VCDS is the best one but Carista will also retrieve any HVAC logged faults.

Reactions: LeighPing1

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Sorry for welcoming you as a new member, I must have read that "fact" incorrectly from your OP, I'll try to improve!

Edit:- that demanding Hi>Lo>Hi>Lo worked for my old 2000 VW Passat 4Motion for a few months, its problem was that I was getting warm/hot air in summer, we had to stop on one long journey to let the inside of the car cool down! I had already bought a new temperature flap motor assembly but was chicken to try to fit it so it lived in the boot for a couple of years, then I bumped into a guide on how to replace it without stripping the dashboard out a lot, lot of sore fingers and stiff back, but I managed it.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members