EPC & Enggine Management Lights

404NameNotFound

Dec 12, 2017
Hi all,
I am having issues with both the EPC and Engine lights coming on when i start the car (Ibiza FR 2012/13 1.2TSI)

If i restart the engine, sometimes the EPC goes off and engine power is normal.

I had the same issue earlier this summer, and i found that the Coolant was slightly below the MIN line, so i topped it up, turned the engine over a few times letting it heat up and cooldown etc and it fixed it.
I have also read it can be the Turbo Actuator - before i get it checked out i was hoping anyone might have some insights

Please and Thankyou

Last edited:

404NameNotFound

Dec 12, 2017
Update

So, recently the Engine Management light has gone off, seems to have fixed itself

However it still starts up sometimes in Limp mode with the EPC shown, turn it off, pump the gas and turn the engine over again and it seems fine.
There’s a bit of a whine but it runs smoothly

Had it checked out and they said it is the Turbo Actuator, the ratchet inside of it was moving trouble moving properly, so it’s all been cleaned out and he said if it still plays up to bring it back and they will replace the Actuator Unit.

That said, it started in Limp mode again today.
Please feel free to leave your thoughts

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Your car is newer than the Service campaign that "cured" this fault (2012).

That said, my 2014 1.2 Tsi had the same fault, the Actuator change didn't fix it and the cure was a new Turbo (at 26000 miles).

I have just heard of a 2015 doing the same thing at about 40000 miles.

On a different tack, the only car I ever had start up in limp mode then come back to life (every day) actually had blown the head gasket very slightly, and several weeks later blew up - with its cylinder head now banana shaped. (that took a lot of machining to get a seal again)

404NameNotFound

Dec 12, 2017
Your car is newer than the Service campaign that "cured" this fault (2012).

That said, my 2014 1.2 Tsi had the same fault, the Actuator change didn't fix it and the cure was a new Turbo (at 26000 miles).

I have just heard of a 2015 doing the same thing at about 40000 miles.

On a different tack, the only car I ever had start up in limp mode then come back to life (every day) actually had blown the head gasket very slightly, and several weeks later blew up - with its cylinder head now banana shaped. (that took a lot of machining to get a seal again)

Thanks for that, I know if I leave it, whatever it is will only get worse and potentially cost a lot more. So my option is follow through with the repair which I estimate at around £200.
Or.. it’s tome to sell up. Which would be a shame I’ve had the car around 3 years in January and every Sevice and MOT has come back spotless and it hasn’t cost me a penny!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.