New Freetrack owner and AUX port question!!!

Hytesta

Oct 23, 2017
Medway, Kent
Hi all, after a while of searching, I picked myself up a Freetrack TFSi. So far over the one day I have had it I have been impressed, took me a few hours to work out where the clock was!! but after that I have now found there are lots of other functions along with the clock... Coming from old Split screen campers, these new fangled cars have a lot of toys :D

One thing puzzling me though is the location of AUX ports, I want to plug my phone into the stereo so I can play my own tunes. I understand i can plug in my Android phone to a AUX phone 3.5mm port using a male to male 3.5mm cable, but I cannot locate a 3.5mm AUX port anywhere, I can only find the RCA AUX ports on the back of the console.

I have looked in the centre console armrest box, nothing in there, nothing at the front of the centre console just past the cup holders, I have looked under the driver seat, but tbh it was hard to see and I didnt see any 3.5mm or iphone plugs under there.

Does anyone have any idea where the port may be? Is there a change it was never installed? Can I use RCA to 3.5mm to attach my phone and control the music via the stereo still?

Finally any recommendations on media players to play mp4/avi files from memory cards to to screen?

Thanks in advance for your help and I'm sure I will be asking more at some point...

Lee

Icarus83

Jul 5, 2017
Yep the multimedia RCAs are the connection in to the AUX input. I popped the panel off and withdrew the connector block into the centre armrest cubbyhole so the cables aren't sticking out.

Just need to grab a 2nd hand piece of trim from a non multimedia model to delete the hole......

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

A-Spot

Old Newbie
Sep 27, 2017
I've recently picked up a brand new din size DVD player(auto specific) which fits lovely in the centre console, have pulled the RCA connector through so not to have any trailing cables around the kids feet in the back. My only problem at the moment is that I'm getting a lot of engine feedback/electrical buzz via the power from 12v supply in consol. Have fitted a suppressor, but not seemed to have cured it, I have a bigger suppressor to try next, maybe that'll cure it.

Hytesta

Oct 23, 2017
Medway, Kent
I have been having similar issue with engine feedback, waiting to get Xmas out the way before trying a ground loop on the RCA ports to try suppressing the noise. Interesting to find out how your next suppressor fares

A-Spot

Old Newbie
Sep 27, 2017
just got a chance to get another look at this, I think part of the issue is that the ground (-12v)and +12v feeds are both coming from the cigar plug in rear of car which is supplied by a switched live and earth(might be wrong) my DVD unit has inputs for a constant live and ignition live so going to split them out. Just need to find a constant live in the middle of the car somewhere or will have to feed from up front of the car(don't really want that).
Will update when I can

Hytesta

Oct 23, 2017
Medway, Kent
I fitted a ground loop just after Xmas and this has reduced the buzzing down to an almost unnoticeable level. I'm feeding my media player via the connector next to the handbrake. My only other niggle now is that I like to connect my phone to play radio via Tune-In, but I cant have both the media player and the phone active at the same time, and I have to switch cables each time.
Kids love having movies now though and they both want to be in the back and not fighting over the front seat :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members