Ibiza 6J stereo upgrade

I4MJ05H

Nov 9, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I've bought a new stereo and hazard switch panel for my Ibiza, however I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the adaptor to convert from the old panel to the new one. As the hazard switch (and others) are currently under the radio head unit, the adaptor is required. The one I mean is at 3:13 in this video youtube.com/watch?v=hTNpQ7yDT-A&index=1&list=PL7EsyeXc_lbxiAyQ8vxg6WjZVZvSjbUvo&t=168s (I can't post links unfortunately).

Thanks in advance! :)

Ibiza Seat 2015

Nov 10, 2015
Hi I’m new and I’m sorry for piggy backing this post but I’m not yet allowed to post a new one. I have a 2017 Ibiza TSI Fr Technology. I want to install parking cameras not just the noise sensors and my question is are these stereos compatible to the camera imges? Can it connect via the AUX? I put a dvd in the drive in the glove box and it wouldn’t play.

Ann

cartmanbdx

Aug 23, 2017
Several things all screen radios from VW can have cameras you just need to know which pins, and no it doesn’t work through aux which is only sound input. You don’t even necessarily need stock camera.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I4MJ05H

Nov 9, 2016
Hey no need adapters I re pinned it here is a link for tutorial with pics and all.

I tried 2 separate harnesses and neither worked properly.

http://www.forum-auto.com/marques/seat/sujet8902-140.htm#t447158

You can always reverse it if you sell car ;)

Thanks for the quick reply! I've looked at your link and it seems good, did the harnesses work at all? Just because it's a fair bit easier to do that then fiddle around with the pinout haha! Do you know where to find them before I do decide to repin the connector? I think I would rather try the adaptor loom before rewiring.

Thanks! :)

cartmanbdx

Aug 23, 2017
I have 2 adapters but you need to get one with the options you have... or you could re pin the adapter so the car stays stock.

I thought about that after re pining mine ^^

One of mine were delivered with the car fitting kit, but I guess in any car audio shop.

Or the last solution online is Zenec, if you go to their website to the config part and pick Ibiza you can get the part number for you harness adapter.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.