LS7u or S7U Paint Code

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Can anybody confirm about a paint code for me. The boot label says that my paint code is LS7U. but all the research suggests that the paint code is S7U. I always thought that my car was platinum grey but again, reasearch brings it up as luna grey, or sombre grey.

can anyone confirm? Got a wing mirror to paint and a few stone chips....

filbro

Jun 23, 2008
Derbyshire
Speak to dealer. I think you will get S7U. Its not a good match, the touch up is much darker than the original paint.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
james.l wrote

Can anybody confirm about a paint code for me. The boot label says that my pint code is LS7U. but all the research suggests that the paint code is S7U.

L S7U means Lackierung S7U where Lackierung = Finish i.e. paint finish. All the data sheets have L as the first letter in front of the paint code :rolleyes:

I always thought that my car was platinum grey but again, reasearch brings it up as luna grey, or sombre grey.

S7U is Platinum Grey or Shadow Grey - two different names for the same colour (probaobly on different ranges e.g. Seat and VW). Luna Grey is S7Y.

Malice19

.:Cupra 4 The Win:.
Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
In this instance as said the dealer is crap and i got a 10x better toucher up from Halfords, certainly does the job for stone chips.

Thanks for the post, I was thinking of popping into halfords as i've got he same colour LS7U. Did you just give the paint code to halfords or did they have a look at the car to match it up?

Last edited: