I got me a new toy...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well it's been a while since I sold my FR but I'm back after 3 years with my next toy.

She's called Shirley haha

I see why that guy had the MK2 Cupra R on that Grand Tour episode, it's lovely lovely.

Once again you'll be seeing more of me on here.

Cheers

Simon
ece9e601443c49f0296f62041385bf8b.jpg
f6d083d70cb4655d00d605308683b811.jpg
78eb1a6937710ff6fabeb11eb52cb66c.jpg

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Lovely motor, I like the new cupras but they don’t have the same appeal as the mk1 and mk2 imo.

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Lovely motor, I like the new cupras but they don’t have the same appeal as the mk1 and mk2 imo.

Enjoy

Thanks buddy, yeah I'm personally not a fan of the MK3 leon... This is the one I could find with 30k miles on the clock.

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I’m gutted I’ll likely never own one, had the mk2 facelift FR for two years so to to say I’m jealous is an understatement.

Any plans for it?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I’m gutted I’ll likely never own one, had the mk2 facelift FR for two years so to to say I’m jealous is an understatement.

Any plans for it?

It's something I never thought I'd own but I've been very lucky with jobs etc... I had a pre facelift FR and loved it!

I've got VCDS on order and then few interior bits along with stage one soon after.

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

very nice. i agree mk2 looks much nicer than the mk3.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
They look the mutts nuts in blue.

Good choice mate

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348
Thanks very much, did a 100 mile trip to get it home and I think it's a great all all rounder for this sort of car.
Very nice. Still miss ours, even after 2 Mk3 Cupra's. Love the colour.
There's a lesson to be learnt here lol you could easily trade a MK3 in for a good nick low miles MK2...
very nice. i agree mk2 looks much nicer than the mk3.

I guess it's all down to personal taste as I know people with the opposite thoughts...

Deleted member 103408

Thanks very much, did a 100 mile trip to get it home and I think it's a great all all rounder for this sort of car. There's a lesson to be learnt here lol you could easily trade a MK3 in for a good nick low miles MK2... I guess it's all down to personal taste as I know people with the opposite thoughts...
dont get me wrong i love my mk3 but seat should have expanded on the mk2 looks. And i still think they look good against new cars.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Very nice, great looking car - love it

Been looking at Mk3cupra but can't get excited by the looks.

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Very nice, great looking car - love it

Been looking at Mk3cupra but can't get excited by the looks.
I'm not sure if the MK3 cupra will go down as one of them cars that people always like... I see this mk2 as an investment as I'm hoping it holds its money better.

Cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've got VCDS on order and then few interior bits along with stage one soon after.

I highly recommend getting it mapped. Really makes a difference. I managed to reset my map when I had my sub fitted and I was leaning forward thinking what the hell, why isn't it going!? Just moved up to Stage 2. I'd go 2+, but need to save money for "sensible" things :(

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I highly recommend getting it mapped. Really makes a difference. I managed to reset my map when I had my sub fitted and I was leaning forward thinking what the hell, why isn't it going!? Just moved up to Stage 2. I'd go 2+, but need to save money for "sensible" things :(

I've just looked at your thread and there may come a time when I contact you for some advice going forward with regards to mods if that's all groovy with you?

I'm currently on the saving spree in preparation for a Stage 1 at Revo, I see yours got 297... DO you use 97/98 ron fuel or the standard 95?

Cheers

Simon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've just looked at your thread and there may come a time when I contact you for some advice going forward with regards to mods if that's all groovy with you?

I'm currently on the saving spree in preparation for a Stage 1 at Revo, I see yours got 297... DO you use 97/98 ron fuel or the standard 95?

Yeah, sure. Anything I can help with. I've tried to take as many pics as possible when I do things to the car as the Cupra R engine is slightly different to its siblings so its hard to find good info.

Wasn't over the moon with the 297, but got 325lbs of torque so not all bad. Was quite funny cause there was a loud obnoxious guy with an S3 going Stage 1 at the same time. Laughed at my inferior Cupra R. His face when they gave him his dyno results at 284bhp! Apparently he used 95 Ron, so it was pulling timing and they couldn't map it properly. So yup, I always use Shell V-Power.

Stage 2 I'm hitting 320bhp/335lbs. But I don't have the intercooler. Partly because I can't bare to see my car with all the bits hanging out of it. :D

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yeah, sure. Anything I can help with. I've tried to take as many pics as possible when I do things to the car as the Cupra R engine is slightly different to its siblings so its hard to find good info.

Wasn't over the moon with the 297, but got 325lbs of torque so not all bad. Was quite funny cause there was a loud obnoxious guy with an S3 going Stage 1 at the same time. Laughed at my inferior Cupra R. His face when they gave him his dyno results at 284bhp! Apparently he used 95 Ron, so it was pulling timing and they couldn't map it properly. So yup, I always use Shell V-Power.

Stage 2 I'm hitting 320bhp/335lbs. But I don't have the intercooler. Partly because I can't bare to see my car with all the bits hanging out of it. :D

Thank you muchly, I do love picture guides haha

I think the website site suggests 300 - 315bhp from a stage 1... Did you get the Anti theft option from Revo using their switch box? It's always good to take down an Audi driver when possible lol It's all about BP ultimate for me as I have a garage rather close. Nectar Points woooo!

What has to change (hardware wise) for a stage 1 and stage 2? I'm trying not to make the car loud as when I do drive it is motorway miles that would get annoying with a constant drone of a loud exhaust.

Cheers

Simon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Did you get the Anti theft option from Revo using their switch box?

What has to change (hardware wise) for a stage 1 and stage 2? I'm trying not to make the car loud as when I do drive it is motorway miles that would get annoying with a constant drone of a loud exhaust.

I have the SPS box, but mainly for reflashing my settings when I disconnect the battery. I'm too scared to use the anti-theft in case I switch it on and the SPS breaks and I can't turn it back off again. I'd probably prefer taking the fuel pump fuse to bed with me.

Hmm, thats a toughie cause noise is subjective. You'll need minimum intake and turbo back exhaust. The intake sounds like a vacuum in the glove box and makes a noise whenever you are on boost. On the motorway, this would likely be all the time if eg you cruise at 80. But at least its an audible indication of when your wasting fuel :D

As for the exhaust, I went for resonated cause I was worried about the droning. Which it doesn't. So now kind of wish I'd gone for non-resonated for more noise.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I have the SPS box, but mainly for reflashing my settings when I disconnect the battery. I'm too scared to use the anti-theft in case I switch it on and the SPS breaks and I can't turn it back off again. I'd probably prefer taking the fuel pump fuse to bed with me.

Hmm, thats a toughie cause noise is subjective. You'll need minimum intake and turbo back exhaust. The intake sounds like a vacuum in the glove box and makes a noise whenever you are on boost. On the motorway, this would likely be all the time if eg you cruise at 80. But at least its an audible indication of when your wasting fuel :D

As for the exhaust, I went for resonated cause I was worried about the droning. Which it doesn't. So now kind of wish I'd gone for non-resonated for more noise.

The only reason I ask is because I am going abroad very soon and I like the idea of the SPS box with anti theft but now you have plagued me with doubt haha Could taking the fuse out of the fuel pump actually be an option maybe haha I've only had it a week and I am being over protective haha

I would love an audible indication of fuel loss instead of looking at my fuel gauge go down... I think I could deal with a hoover in the glove box I think but not so sure on the Exhaust but if it's needed for a stage 1 then maybe it's something that needs to be done...

Cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
The only reason I ask is because I am going abroad very soon and I like the idea of the SPS box with anti theft but now you have plagued me with doubt haha Could taking the fuse out of the fuel pump actually be an option maybe haha I've only had it a week and I am being over protective haha

I would love an audible indication of fuel loss instead of looking at my fuel gauge go down... I think I could deal with a hoover in the glove box I think but not so sure on the Exhaust but if it's needed for a stage 1 then maybe it's something that needs to be done...

Yeah, I'd like to recommend it. But the first 2 SPS devices I had were faulty. Luckily it was only the map settings I needed to adjust. If I were abroad at the time, I'd have been stuffed if the anti-theft was on. If your really worried, the fuel pump relay fuse is really easy to remove. Without it, the engine will stall and not restart. Just remember the location it came from :D

Oh, I misread. Stage 1 needs no hardware. Its software only. Stage 2 requires an intake, exhaust (minimum) and an intercooler (preferred).

Last edited: