Buy used or new through a broker

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
What are people's thoughts on using a broker? I've been quoted £28,500 for a new 300 Cupra ST 4drive in Mystery Blue with bucket seats, SEAT Sound, Kessy, camera pack and Navi high. This is only slightly more than a used example from a main dealer.
Has anyone used a broker in the past? If so what were your thoughts?
On a separate note can anybody shed any light on the following options?
1. The SEAT online configurator says Full Link is activated by your dealer at a price of £147 but it lists this as standard elsewhere. Does anybody know if it's standard or if it can be activated using VCD
2. What exactly do you get with Navi High? Is it worth the extra £445?
3. The optional black bucket seats are heated and look really nice but do you still have to pay the full £370 for Winter Pack just to have heated washers and headlamp washers? Are they worth the money?
4. Is the camera on the camera pack exposed or does it fold away? If it's exposed does it get dirty and then you are unable to see clearly? Do people find it useful or not?
5. Is it worth speccing the Driving Assist Pack or the Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack or can these functions be coded in?
6. Do those who have it use ACC?
Thanks in advance.

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
The only one I can offer advice on there is the camera. I find It very useful but It does get very dirty, especially at this time of year, and quite quickly becomes unusable. It's easy enough to clean though just one wipe with a rag/tissue/jumper.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
1 - its standard, configuration error
2 - not in my eyes as you can use Google maps or waze on android auto or Apple maps
3 - buckets are excellent and you can't configure winter pack with them so I believe it all comes with the buckets
4 - camera is always exposed and gets dirty easy, the parking sensors do a fine job and in my eyes not worth having
5+6 - I find acc is more than capable enough on its own

As for price have you tried drive the deal?

Last edited:

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
1 - its standard, configuration error
2 - not in my eyes as you can use Google maps or waze on android auto or Apple maps
3 - buckets are excellent and you can configure winter pack with them so I believe it all comes with the buckets
4 - camera is always exposed and gets dirty easy, the parking sensors do a fine job and in my eyes not worth having
5+6 - I find acc is more than capable enough on its own

As for price have you tried drive the deal?

Thanks for the reply.
Am I right in saying that Navi High doesn't have a bigger or different screen?
As the bucket seats are £1300 and come heated is it worth spending £370 just for heated washers and headlamp washers or do SEAT apply a discount? It doesn't seem right to pay £370 when the heated seats are included within the price of the bucket seats.
If I spec ACC can the items within the driving assist pack or advanced comfort and driving pack be coded using VCDS?

k9aoc1

Sep 27, 2017
I bought my first Leon through a broker. Gbcardeals. £3k cheaper than the best price I could get from a local dealer. Mine was a factory order delivered from a uk dealer. Jharkhand warranty work done ok and no issues on servicing. When I changed the car in Sept at 3 yrs (60k) I used my local dealer (SEAT) we’re doing great deals and I got a good px on the ‘old‘ one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Personally I have not bought a new car in the last 12 years from anywhere except a broker, I have one that I have used 3 times and my youngest daughter once, more than anything it's a confidence thing the first time you take the leap, I ordered my car at the height of the delays last July and got it on my drive in 12 weeks, ohhhh and the broker I use says you can have the car for £24,994 stock. [B)]

Not sure how that compares though with the extra's you are adding on.

Last edited:

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
I'd say broker: worked well for me twice. But.. lead times are bonkers right now so factor that in.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Am I right in saying that Navi High doesn't have a bigger or different screen?
Yes, it's the same screen:

Navigation System High: Includes SEAT Sound System / 8" touchscreen / Full Link / Dynamic route guidance with 3D map display and 3D emblematic buildings / 4 x USB ports / 10GB hard disk drive.

Is it worth £715? No. Save £330 and just go for SEAT Sound

As the bucket seats are £1300 and come heated is it worth spending £370 just for heated washers and headlamp washers or do SEAT apply a discount? It doesn't seem right to pay £370 when the heated seats are included within the price of the bucket seats.
Winter Pack isn't available in conjunction with the bucket seats.

Last edited:

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Personally I have not bought a new car in the last 12 years from anywhere except a broker, I have one that I have used 3 times and my youngest daughter once, more than anything it's a confidence thing the first time you take the leap, I ordered my car at the height of the delays last July and got it on my drive in 12 weeks, ohhhh and the broker I use says you can have the car for £24,994 stock. [B)]

Not sure how that compares though with the extra's you are adding on.

Who is the broker you use please?

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Yes, it's the same screen:

Navigation System High: Includes SEAT Sound System / 8" touchscreen / Full Link / Dynamic route guidance with 3D map display and 3D emblematic buildings / 4 x USB ports / 10GB hard disk drive.

Is it worth £715? No. Save £330 and just go for SEAT Sound

Winter Pack isn't available in conjunction with the bucket seats.
Cheers, so I'll save money on the Nav but I'm sure the configurator allows you to select bucket seats and then add winter pack.
If you order the bucket seats can you not get the headlamp washers and heater jets then?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Cheers, so I'll save money on the Nav but I'm sure the configurator allows you to select bucket seats and then add winter pack.
If you order the bucket seats can you not get the headlamp washers and heater jets then?
The configurator doesn't (I've just checked) but I'll check SLI later when I'm back at my desk...

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
What are people's thoughts on using a broker? I've been quoted £28,500 for a new 300 Cupra ST 4drive in Mystery Blue with bucket seats, SEAT Sound, Kessy, camera pack and Navi high. This is only slightly more than a used example from a main dealer.
Has anyone used a broker in the past? If so what were your thoughts?
On a separate note can anybody shed any light on the following options?
1. The SEAT online configurator says Full Link is activated by your dealer at a price of £147 but it lists this as standard elsewhere. Does anybody know if it's standard or if it can be activated using VCD
2. What exactly do you get with Navi High? Is it worth the extra £445?
3. The optional black bucket seats are heated and look really nice but do you still have to pay the full £370 for Winter Pack just to have heated washers and headlamp washers? Are they worth the money?
4. Is the camera on the camera pack exposed or does it fold away? If it's exposed does it get dirty and then you are unable to see clearly? Do people find it useful or not?
5. Is it worth speccing the Driving Assist Pack or the Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack or can these functions be coded in?
6. Do those who have it use ACC?
Thanks in advance.

Have a look on here mate.. Cheap deals

https://www.parkers.co.uk/seat/leon...nQ3VwcmEgMzAwIDIuMCBUU0kgRFNHIGF1dG8gNWQnKSk-

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
The configurator doesn't (I've just checked) but I'll check SLI later when I'm back at my desk...
Confusingly, SLI will allow me to build a car with bucket seats and Winter Pack :confused:

Obviously I'm not not going to order a car just to see if it throws up any error messages, but normally any incompatible options are flagged before I get to that stage...