Lowering springs

GazEP3

Missing the vtec yo :(
Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Just fitted a set of the Eibach springs to a friend's 1.6TDI.
Unfortunately didn't get a chance to take any pictures so don't have much to show. However I'd be more than happy to sort you a set out for £142 all in!

Regards, Al.

would they suit the 1.4 sc? Sounds like a good price to me, delivery to NI extra?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Just fitted a set of the Eibach springs to a friend's 1.6TDI.
Unfortunately didn't get a chance to take any pictures so don't have much to show. However I'd be more than happy to sort you a set out for £142 all in!

Regards, Al.

Strange that Eibach don't offer a spring kit for the FR SC 2.0CR TDi.

The SC 1.6TDi is showing 940kg front axle & 820kg rear axle

The SC 2.0TDi is showing 950kg front axle & 800kg rear axle

Must be some other reason that the 1.6TDi kit is not approved for the 2.0TDi

N1cky wood

I just dropped mine 40mm on springs, it's just the right amount. Still has about 1" above the tyres but it looks nice and squat now

craig247

dropped my 1.6tdi 35mm with springs direct from seat much better

N1cky wood

I measured it up before and after, and it was about 38mm drop. So, il go with 40.
They ride really well thow, keeps the car much more level.

T72

I put Eibach springs on my cupra but unfortunately I'm not too happy with them. I know most people seem to love them but I like neither the new ride height nor the ride.

I took before and after measurements and the rear end dropped almost 40 mm but the front only about 10 mm. With the stock springs the rear was about 20 mm higher than front, so now the front is sligtly higher than the rear... Also the ride is IMHO rather choppy at the rear.

I guess there are some production variances with springs and perhaps this is just a set that is a little off?

I liked KW springs on my previous car (golf V) so I might try them out later.

Aug 8, 2011
Braintree, Essex
Is there an easy way to measure what drop you need?

Im currently on 16" rims, and will eventually go to 17".

Not sure on 25, 30 or 35. Ive seen 45 but i don't want to take that big of a risk!

Robban

Oct 15, 2011
Växjö, Sweden
I have the H&R springs that lower 25 mm in front and 40 mm in the back (have the 1,2 TSI ST).
Eibach is more comfortable for sure but will not be lowering as much as H&R.
Had the H&R on several cars and also on my Mercedes SLK.
For sure the H&R springs ALWAYS lower what they are stating......I mean it not so fun to have made all the work and effort to see it drop 10 mm.....go for well known brands !

Rob

Aug 8, 2011
Braintree, Essex
I just dropped mine on Apex 35mm. Not a massive drop to be honest. I was put off by the H&R springs because they only offered 25mm at the front. I couldn't find 40 all round. So I went for the 35mm. See the drop in my RR thread.

robloake

Jun 26, 2011
Hastings
Got mine on the 25/40mm H&R's, drops the rear a bit more so the car sits with really nice stance, ride is teeth shattering !! Does hang on well in the bendy bits though, Go for it

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.