Altea tdi 2007 very sluggish

huddz786

Ive got a 105bhp seat altea and ever since i bought it it has lacked in power and is consuming alot of fuel on local driving, i'm currently getting 25-27mpg on local driving and max of 41mpg on motorway. ive had it serviced twice in the 2 years of owning it and replaced all filters besides pollen filter and nothing has changed, ive given it fuel treatments which havent been any good. my car is high mileaged at 125k but i bought it at 110k and it was an ex lease car which has had major work done on it such as a new turbo at 80k but ive had a mechanic check it over and he says all pipes etc seem clipped on and are ok, i had a 2005 altea and that had high miles but that use to pull away quick when turbo used to kick in whereas my 2007 doesnt budge and engine is loud and screams when i want it to go. would appreciate it if anyone could help me or if theyve come across the same problem, cheers!

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
Ive got a 105bhp seat altea and ever since i bought it it has lacked in power and is consuming alot of fuel on local driving, i'm currently getting 25-27mpg on local driving and max of 41mpg on motorway. ive had it serviced twice in the 2 years of owning it and replaced all filters besides pollen filter and nothing has changed, ive given it fuel treatments which havent been any good. my car is high mileaged at 125k but i bought it at 110k and it was an ex lease car which has had major work done on it such as a new turbo at 80k but ive had a mechanic check it over and he says all pipes etc seem clipped on and are ok, i had a 2005 altea and that had high miles but that use to pull away quick when turbo used to kick in whereas my 2007 doesnt budge and engine is loud and screams when i want it to go. would appreciate it if anyone could help me or if theyve come across the same problem, cheers!

Was your 2005 Altea also a 1.9? I find ours very sluggish also, but it does sound like your has an underlying issue if it screams.

Where are you? Perhaps a VCDS scan will throw up a fault.

Are there any specific loud noises when idling, or rattles that could help us?

Do you have a boost leak?

Have you checked the MAF sensor?

huddz786

cheers for reply, yes my last seat was a 1.9, i think i exaggerated by using the word scream but when its at about 3000 revs its just so noisy and my family and neighbours know its me arriving outside the home when they hear my engine!!! my 2005 seat was quieter and when i put it into 2nd and 3rd gear you felt the instant turbo boost pull away whereas mine lacks this very poorly.

im in huddersfield, and i was going to book it into seat but they wanted £95 for an hour diagnosis and said it may even take longer to diagnose fault!!! at that price i didnt go ahead incase they hit me with a stupid bill!!!

there are no leaks or rattles and turbo pipes etc are all attached ok and when idling engine chugs abit loud though, visually its perfectly fine. but never had maf sensor checked or cleaned!!

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
it amazes me that they can get away with charging so much for plugging a computer in and pushing scan !

an good local indie place should do it for £25

se@t

MAF?? Sheeeite.

Screaming as in whistling or screeching screaming like metal on metal?

Whistling......boost leak

Screeching......worn bearing or belt

I'd be checking/changing my oil too if its loud

Clutch?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.