2010 1.6TDi EGR Valve replacement query

Bonovox

Dec 14, 2017
Macedonia
I have Ibiza 1.6 tdi 66kw 2010 and glow plug light start blinking. I check out the code and it was EGR fault.I completely cleaned the egr valve but my car still working on 1000 rpm at neutral. Maybe the membrane of vacuum control valve was damaged I do not know.I am from Macedonia and I can not find spare parts in my country but we have some services who can delete egr. . Please give me advice what to do.

Faintlol

Sep 20, 2017
The car will continue to sit at 1000 RPM in neutral while there is a build up of soot in the exhaust. Have you tried taking it for a good run down a motorway at 2.5k RPM in 5th gear? If you do this for 10-15mins it should take it away.

If it doesn't then you could well have a defective EGR. Have you had the recall done?

Bonovox

Dec 14, 2017
Macedonia
Thank you for your quick response , cause I have defective EGR before I get a new one and change it I am afraid to drive at 2.5 rpm 10-15 min. At least once a day glow plug light is flashing. If your advice is to do that I will try.
Thank you in advance.

Becky

Mar 25, 2018
I stumbled accross this thread looking for help with my EGR failure on my 2012 Leon. I know this thread is old but I thought I'd post my results on here just in case it helps others. If you've had the emissions 'fix' done in the last 2 years you might be able to get your EGR valve replaced for free under VW's Trust Building Measure. This covers about 11 parts and components (including EGR valves). I found details on the Seat UK website and I was dubious at first as there seemed to be a lot of 'get-out' clauses (technically I have not used Seat for servicing etc. So they could've used that against me but they never even asked. I didn't but the car from a Seat dealer either, just a private dealer). However a week and a half after contacting Seat UK I had my car back, fixed with a new EGR valve and it didn't cost me a penny. They even provided a brand new courtesy car for the duration. I am thrilled with this as I was quoted about £700 to get it fixed through a normal mechanic. I hope this helps other people who might be having similar problems, it's really worth looking into.

Tam1

Aug 2, 2018
I have just joined this forum to say a massive thanks to Becky, I stumbled across this post after my dash warning light came on my 2010 Leon ecomotive, my husband took it into work to diagnose it and it came back as the EGR valve, just as he was about to purchase the valve from the internet I sent him this post, to cut a long story short my car was bought from an independent garage, was just coming up to 69k miles, I have only had it 2 years, it had full seat service history up until me getting it (hubby did it in work as he works at a motor vehicle training college), had the emissions fix done last year, emailed Seat UK quoting the trustbuilding measure, they got back within 2 working days saying that I had to take it to a seat dealer for a diagnosis, phoned a dealer they quoted me 79 pounds, the lady said that it wouldn't be refundable if it came under the trustbuilding repair, so we took a punt and risked the 79 pounds even though we knew what the diagnosis was and knowing they could knock me back because of the service history, took it in the next day, end result they never mentioned the service history and are fixing the fault free of charge, never even charged us the 79 pounds and gave us a brand new courtesy car for the princely sum of 6 pounds, my car should be done today (5 days after the original email) and all for free, to say I'm happy is an understatement, I thought I was looking at a huge bill, the light came on less than a week after forking out for new tyres to get it through its MOT :) so thank you all x

Jamie_B

DERV
Oct 14, 2004
Ayrshire
My wife's Ibiza 1.6tdi is throwing the coil light every time the engine is started. Here's the code from my VCDS scan.

Code:
7343 - EGR Sensor 2 
          P0407 00 [167] - Signal too Low
          MIL ON - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Mileage: 91124 km
                    Date: 2019.06.11
                    Time: 14:46:32

Engine speed: 2571.50 /min
                    Normed load value: 5.5 %
                    Vehicle speed: 0 km/h
                    Coolant temperature: 74 °C
                    Intake air temperature: 28 °C
                    Ambient air pressure: 1000 mbar
                    Voltage terminal 30: 14.231 V
                    Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
                    EGR Solen.val.: actual value-ANG_EGRV[0]: -1.129 %
                    EGR Vacuum Regulator Solen.val.: activation-ANG_SP_EGRV[0]: 0.000 %
                    High pressure EGR actuator: activation-PWM_HBR_EGRV[0]: -20.163 %
                    High press EGR actuator: actual unconditioned volt val-V_EGRV[0]: 0.679 V
                    EGR valve: offset closed-V_EGRV_BOL[0]: 0.708 V
                    EGR valve: offset open-V_EGRV_TOL[0]: 3.999 V
                    Actuator for high pressure EGR: status-LF_STATE_EGRV_DISP[0]: 14

Is it possible to get the EGR remapped out and keep the part in place or does the EGR need to come out?
Reason being I've seen all the comments about it being a right pain in the arse to get to at the back of the engine.

She had the emissions recall done but it was over 2 years ago. Have just contacted Seat UK to ask about the Trust Building Measure to see what they say but looking for options if that doesn't go to plan.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.