Ibiza Fuel Tank Capacity

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
used to get 160miles before the 1st bar was gone when i brimmed it.

and course the mpg will be worse u have an extra 10kg weight in the car.
Well last time I overfill by 10l by accident because it was prepaid and I asked to much.

I dont think the first bar disappeared as late as it should had, it disappeared after 250kms, when I dont overfill disappears after 150km, so that extra 10l only got me extra 100kms which is very low in my opinion.
Could some gas be lost if you put to much?

And another thing, I notice the fist half of the deposit lasts a lot longer than the lower half, like almost double. Anyone else? (When not overfilling, When I do its normal I know)

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I have often also wondered on the shape of the fuel tank, perhaps the top part has more volume. Like an upsidedown pyramid. Agreed in both my previous Leon and current Ibiza, the first bar takes a disproportionate longer time to drop compared to the rest of the tank. It could be that if the tank needs to be accurate, it requires perhaps more bars of fuel. Or like a kettle, there is a max level of water, and whatever more you overfill, you don't know how much as it's gone past the readings, but the kettle will still accomodate extra water.

For instance:
http://fautoparts.com/body-Fuel-Tan...1-27562482-78-10316-2857---6605008-auto-parts

Assuming this is the shape of the tank, it's not exactly a nice square or rectangle, seems a bit larger at the top...

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise