High Pitched Whine on Accelerating - Seat Mii Sport 2012

chunky monkey

May 6, 2008
Stonehaven NE Scotland
Hi,

Anyone have the same issue?
There is a high pitched whine/whistle on pressing the accelerator during driving, lift foot, it stops. It must be pretty bad, I can hear it and I am pretty deaf.
Last service at the main dealer they advised this was typical of this car. I smell a little bullshit here.
Car is Seat Mii Sport 2012, just about to be out of warranty at end of month.

Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy.

Last edited:

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
I've driven 2 Mii's as courtesy cars when mine has been in for a service (one a 2014 I-Tech and the other a 2014 Toca) and neither have produced the type of sound you are describing so I also smell BS in the air.

I would strongly advise that you put a call into SEAT UK customer services ASAP on 0500 222222 first thing tomorrow morning to advise them of the issue and to officially log a potential warranty claim with them (it is the customer's responsibility to do this). Then get it to a dealer (a different one to the one that did your service) for assessment before the warranty actually expires. If you do this and it's then identified as a problem but can't be fixed before the warranty expires, at least you will then be covered for the work to still be carried out under warranty after the expiry date has elapsed. This knly works if you get the assessment done before the warranty expiry date.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
The missus has had her Mii for over 6 months which I also drive and neither of us has noticed a noise like you describe

Would agree with Speed-FReek and suggest you get a 2nd opinion/flag up a warranty issue.

Orbiter

Orbiter
Apr 3, 2015
Hi,

Anyone have the same issue?
There is a high pitched whine/whistle on pressing the accelerator during driving, lift foot, it stops. It must be pretty bad, I can hear it and I am pretty deaf.
Last service at the main dealer they advised this was typical of this car. I smell a little bullshit here.
Car is Seat Mii Sport 2012, just about to be out of warranty at end of month.

Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy.

Same issue with mine, a whining noise when I accelerate. Only happens when the wife is in the car with me?

MyMii62

Aug 6, 2015
Did you ever find out what the issue was, my 62 reg sport is making a sound like you described on acceleration. Do I need a dealer visit?