Keyou fob/remote locking only unlocking drivers door following jump start last week

Cdmac

Jan 8, 2017
Hi guys. Long time lurker, first time poster.
I got a new remote fob just back in April for my Seat Leon FR TDI (2006 MK1). It's worked fine since getting it 9 months ago. However I noticed today that it now only unlocks the drivers door. It doesn't unlock the other doors, including car boot/trunk. One solution suggested to me is simply unlocking the passenger side door manually, but this iisn't an option with my car. Now, the day before I noticed this problem my car battery died and I had to get a jump start off my wife's car. That was 2 days ago. My SEAT has been running fine since the jump start but it does seem the key fob/remote locking issue began same time that car battery died. Incidentally once I unlock the doors manually (using the central locking button on the drivers side door) the fob/remote will lock them all the doors when I exit the vehicle, so the problem is remotely unlocking doors, other than the drivers one. Is this likely a side effect of my car vattwry dying? Any suggestions appreciated. Cheers

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
Just a guess, but did someone code the key fob to unlock with one press of the fob instead of the default 2 presses and the ECU lost the setting when the battery went flat?
First press of the fob will unlock drivers door only and then the second press unlocks all the doors and boot.

aBoijj

May 20, 2009
Midlands
I know this is an old post, but it hasn't been answered and I know the answer.

Assuming nothing else has changed (and no parts have suddenly become faulty) the solution is to simply disconnect the negative terminal from the battery for 30 minutes or more. Be aware that the fuel economy data, clock and radio will all be reset through this, so have your radio code handy.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.