Altea XL 2013 cigarette lighter fuse location

Qtdaniel85

Oct 3, 2017
Hi,
I am looking to hardwire a dashcam into my Altea XL. I want to use a fuse tap into the cigarette lighter fuse but have no idea where the fuse for it is or what number fuse. My manual has no info on fuses as something about too many variations. Can anyone advise which fuse box I will find the fuse and preferably what number the fuse is or provide a picture? I have no fuse card in the car either.
Many thanks
Daniel

SunnysideUK

Nov 13, 2017
Dorset
Hi,
I am looking to hardwire a dashcam into my Altea XL. I want to use a fuse tap into the cigarette lighter fuse but have no idea where the fuse for it is or what number fuse. My manual has no info on fuses as something about too many variations. Can anyone advise which fuse box I will find the fuse and preferably what number the fuse is or provide a picture? I have no fuse card in the car either.
Many thanks
Daniel

Hi Daniel.

I havn't fitted directly...yet. There is a fuse box in the car under the lower fascia above the accelerator.
It also houses the OBD socket (some dashcams can use this for speed, etc). Pull out the clipped in panel.
Most hard-wired kits use a fuse jumper to operate in parallel with its own fuse and a 12V regulator to the 5V needed for the dashcam mini-USB connection.
The jump fuse selection may effect the dashcams desired operation:
Power off on ignition or maintain power.
I assume all internal fuses will be no more than 12-14V DC.

Here is my comment on my recent dashcam purchase.

I have fitted the similar Apeman c550 (a clone of the A118C I guess).
Problem I have is the unusual wiper operation on the Altea, which I like, but causes the usual canter dash-cam fitting area to be more likely to be obscured by the un-wiped area of the screen.

Fitting far left or right is a also a problem with his cam as its affixed to the screen directly with no option to change the horizontal angle and as the screen is curved the cam is pointing off to one side or other.

I've fitted it centre just off the unwiped area but a but low for my choice as I have to move it off centre a little.
It has a rear cam too but currently I'm trying to workout how to best channel its cable.
If only car manufacturers would supply USB sockets in the dash top and in the mirror assembly.

Speaking generally, there is a problem with the capacitor versions of the dash-cams v.s battery
in that power on most/all? cigar lighter sockets power off with the ignition.
Capacitor versions will then not work with the motion or g-shock detection such as when parked.
Really needs to be hard wired to a permanent 5V 1.5Amp connection. Adverts don't make this clear.
Also the manual and looking on-line, I still havn't found out its power consumption on operation or in standby.
Neil.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.