Induction kit for 1.8TSI Cupra Black

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
I know there's a few guys on here nowadays with modified 1.8TSI Cupra Black's. Just wondering what you could recommend for a full induction kit? The only one I can find is the REVO OEM style one...

.-Sam6J-.

Jan 3, 2016
The REVO one is a brilliant piece of kit. I would recommend it, I think APR do one which is also good but the REVO one is brillinant.

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
For the 1.8TSI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey J.

How do. Awesome are now stocking the vw racing line one for polo gti and cupra 1.8..... looks a nice bit of kit bit it's rather expensive though;)....:blink:. I've just put the panel filter in mine seems to have made a difference with my Apr stage 1 :D

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Hey J.

How do. Awesome are now stocking the vw racing line one for polo gti and cupra 1.8..... looks a nice bit of kit bit it's rather expensive though;)....:blink:. I've just put the panel filter in mine seems to have made a difference with my Apr stage 1 :D

Funnily enough I was there today for a wheel alignment and asked the question and they mentioned that it was coming in stock. Just checked and yeah you're right, pretty steep. I think I'll pay the extra couple hundred and go for APR stage 1 myself!

I would like a cheaper induction kit though, lacking some induction noise in the cabin! Any improvement on that front with just a panel filter?

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Funnily enough I was there today for a wheel alignment and asked the question and they mentioned that it was coming in stock. Just checked and yeah you're right, pretty steep. I think I'll pay the extra couple hundred and go for APR stage 1 myself!

I would like a cheaper induction kit though, lacking some induction noise in the cabin! Any improvement on that front with just a panel filter?

Yep. Definitely louder than stock, though not sure if it matches an induction kit. But i would say they reckon the air box on these are pretty good for flow as its same as S1 don't think induction kit wil make much more power Compared to a panel filter. Think the only crap bit is the plastic pipe going into the turbo. I would be tempted to change that. Though the vw racingline is nice to look at and even the apr one I guess that's what your paying for?. Though I'm not sure if the apr will fit on the cupra?

I'm wanting more power at the moment i really wanna go down the is20

Or is38 for like 310-350 :lol:...Though apr don't do a map for that only jbs :(

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Yep. Definitely louder than stock, though not sure if it matches an induction kit. But i would say they reckon the air box on these are pretty good for flow as its same as S1 don't think induction kit wil make much more power Compared to a panel filter. Think the only crap bit is the plastic pipe going into the turbo. I would be tempted to change that. Though the vw racingline is nice to look at and even the apr one I guess that's what your paying for?. Though I'm not sure if the apr will fit on the cupra?

I'm wanting more power at the moment i really wanna go down the is20

Or is38 for like 310-350 :lol:...Though apr don't do a map for that only jbs :(

Only just seen this - What filter did you go for by the way? I’m looking in to it but not sure which will fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Just a racingline panel filter from awesome.

Seems to have more noise than standard one but it's not hugely loud

I feel it made a difference to the power as I has map done then

Put the filter in.:)

I'm wanting the miltek cat back for mine or front mounted intercooler

Cant made mind up on which one though. I find it just to quiet and you

Can't feel where the revs are at sometimes. Though I don't want it loud when cruising.

Weathers **** at moment so not gonna bother till gets better:headhurt: