Weak acceleration on cold start up.

momokidd

Jan 9, 2015
Hello people need some advice if possible.
This morning I noticed that my Leon Fr 1.9tdi 150Bhp was struggling to accelerate on a cold start. The battery and oil change has been done for the winter just last month. The revs did not want to go past 1500-2000 rpm, was like something was holding it back,then after a few minutes driving it was fine. I was able to accelerate cleanly through all the gears. Very strange. Does anybody have any ideas why this is suddenly happening. The car has done 136000k Cheers m

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I don’t drive a smoker but I never drive with a cold engine. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Does it keep happening after the engine has got cold?

Have you let the fuel level run really low?

When was the last time you changed the fuel filter?

Have you checked for error codes?

Last edited:

momokidd

Jan 9, 2015
Hey thanks for replying. It's intermittent but this winter I've noticed it idles rough on a cold start up and sometimes when I drive off it's hesitant to go through the Rev range not that a thrash it from cold. I never let fuel run all the way down. The petrol filter was changed in the summer. I checked for error codes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clag

Dec 28, 2016
Sounds like you might have air getting into the fuel. Does it do it if the car has been sat for a few hours or just overnight? Mine had a seep from one fuel pipe, if i left it overnight it would cough a little on start up and be a bit sluggish on acceleration for the first few seconds then it would clear. I changed the pipe and it hasnt happened since. Mine is on 125k

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.