Fuel prices??

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Just a random question but what fuel do you use in your cars and how much is it per litre?

I was using v power but now gone to Costco as it’s £1.20 per litre as opposed to £1.32!!

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
How much is around your area?
The other day £1.33p.
Absolutely ridiculous price. Shot up and the public just have to take it while the people who set the price have expenses to use for fuel "public money"
Government in the UK are scummy, money grabbing so called elite living of the backs of hard working people like you and me...every single one should all be brought out and shot for crimes against the people of the UK.
Rant over.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
I agree mate they just take this piss out of us! Paying tax on fuel for a car that we pay tax for which have to pay to tax on to drive on the road with the money we work for and get taxed on!

So happy I’ve got a Costco card now though gunna save me a tonne of money! And it’s 99 octane as well !!!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I’ve never used the Tesco stuff cus I have t found it anywhere!
Not a bad price though that is it!
I always find that Tesco Momentum 99 is always about 10p - 12p per litre cheaper than Shell. I always use it in my Cupra but I always run a full tank of V-Power every few weeks as the cleaning agents will help the engine.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

clag

Dec 28, 2016
any pump diesel really. Usually BP because weve got one a mile from my house, usually £1.25/L

I don't bother with premium diesel really. last time i used it, i got probably 1 mpg difference over the whole tank so wasnt worth it. didnt feel any different to drive either

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
any pump diesel really. Usually BP because weve got one a mile from my house, usually £1.25/L

I don't bother with premium diesel really. last time i used it, i got probably 1 mpg difference over the whole tank so wasnt worth it. didnt feel any different to drive either

I never bothered with premium diesel in my old fabia vrs, was pointless in my opinion!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Tesco 99 not bad. Used it quite a lot in past.
Now only V power unless I get caught out. Then splash and dash until I find a shell garage.
Think it was R tech who did some rolling road comparisons.
V power out performed others by up to something like 10 %. If I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Tesco 99 not bad. Used it quite a lot in past.
Now only V power unless I get caught out. Then splash and dash until I find a shell garage.
Think it was R tech who did some rolling road comparisons.
V power out performed others by up to something like 10 %. If I remember correctly.

It was v power that was tested that gave extra gain but it was only because it was 99RON
so basically if you can get 99 fuel you’ll be good to go!
So Tesco, v power and the Costco Kirkland stuff is all good!
So which ever you choose will be down to price!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
It was v power that was tested that gave extra gain but it was only because it was 99RON
so basically if you can get 99 fuel you’ll be good to go!
So Tesco, v power and the Costco Kirkland stuff is all good!
So which ever you choose will be down to price!

Think it's slightly more than just Ron tbh.

Otherwise we'd all buy cheap crap and add octane booster which is readily available.
Price plays a part in it for sure. Especially in this economic climate.
The better fuels tested provided better miles per gallon as well. This needs taking into account as it's not so cheap if you burn more.
All food for thought.

B5 Custom Map, TIP, FMIC, 3" Turbo Back, Bosch 550's,ARB's and more .....

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Think it's slightly more than just Ron tbh.

Otherwise we'd all buy cheap crap and add octane booster which is readily available.
Price plays a part in it for sure. Especially in this economic climate.
The better fuels tested provided better miles per gallon as well. This needs taking into account as it's not so cheap if you burn more.
All food for thought.

B5 Custom Map, TIP, FMIC, 3" Turbo Back, Bosch 550's,ARB's and more .....

I agree there is more than just octane but that comes down to the detergents that are present in the fuel

On rtechs website they say that to get the best you must have either v power or momentum 99

So from a performance point of view they have to to be identical?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I agree there is more than just octane but that comes down to the detergents that are present in the fuel

On rtechs website they say that to get the best you must have either v power or momentum 99

So from a performance point of view they have to to be identical?

Yeah close enough I recon.
Higher Ron. Bigger bang.
Suits me.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Yeah close enough I recon.
Higher Ron. Bigger bang.
Suits me.

Higher RON = less bang! The point of higher octane fuel is more efficient as the ignition level is lower. Seems silly eh!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

alkheime95

Jan 7, 2018
Just a random question but what fuel do you use in your cars and how much is it per litre?

I was using v power but now gone to Costco as it’s £1.20 per litre as opposed to £1.32!!

I pay 1.33 v power but might try Tesco 99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaz20VT

Aug 5, 2011
A higher RON does not give a bigger or longer bang.
The calorific value of the fuel doesn't change, but the increased resistance to detonation allows you to run more boost/timing, from which you get more power.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise