Tyre fitters scuffed my wheel...

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
Afternoon all.

This morning I dropped my lovely new wheels at the tyre fitters. The wheels were bought completely refurbed a few weeks ago but I've moved house so only just had chance to get em tyred. The fitters is a fairly large newish place who do MOTs, exhausts etc just around the corner from where I work, seemed nice when I asked em for a quote so they got my business.

They *were* completely spotless, polished lip and metallic gray spokes.

I've just been to pick them up and while loading them into the car I notice the last one has some paint chipped off around the centre cap, not massively, but noticeable.

I gave him the cheque before I put em in the car (c'mon mock me for it :cry: )

So I went back and spoke to the main guy who had been dealing with me, he came out to the car and I showed him. He said it must've been the balancing machine but admitted fault as it had only happened to one.

He then said he's the assistant manager and I'd have to wait for the manager to get back of his holiday next monday to sort anything out ( Blatantly hoping I decide I can't be arsed with the hassle by then. )

I politely stressed to they guys in the fitting bay this morning that they'd been refurbed and painted and to be careful with them.

I will certainly be going back Monday morning to speak with this 'manager' I'm so [:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] as I was so excited to be getting them on the car finally :cry:

I took photos (with time & date on) as I loaded them into the car this morning and have took a few of the damage just now. There'll be no getting out of it for him [:@]

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'd say that the cheque value for fitting 4 tyres would be about teh same as a refurb..

so it balances out nicely.

tell them you'd like it back, or you'll cancel it (and that'll cost them as well)

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
Sorry for the confusion, they supplied AND fitted the tyres so the cheque was payment for the tyres + fitting. Definately worth more than a refurb. + The refurber was 70 miles~ from me so really don't wanna take 1 back to get it refurbed.

I think a little touch up will do the trick as I need some of the paint for a couple of other small jobs, I'm just pissed at the fitters for scuffin it.