Advice needed on rocker cover gasket, power steering pipe leak

andylcr

Aug 6, 2009
Berks
Hi guys

I've had my Cupra for a couple of weeks now and it will be requiring the 50,000 mile service (and probably Cam belt change as its 5 years old) within the next 2-3 months.

I had the car inspected when buying and the only things that came up on it were:

• Rocker cover gasket needs replacing as it has a slight leak.
  • Power steering soiling on the flexible oil feed pipe join at the rack junction from reservoir. Needs cleaning and source of weepage needs locating, cleaning and repairing.

The garage i will probably be using have said both of these jobs will probably take around just under 2hrs to sort. The chap who inspected the car said the power steering job might just be a case of a couple of new washers but the mechanic at the garage said the pipe might need tightening or even replacing :( Anyone had a similar problem on theirs?

Do you think this is something I could get done a lot cheaper if I combined in with a full 50k service? Or should I get the above leaks be fixed ASAP and leave the service for a few months?

Cheers

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The power steering flex pipe is £130 new so this isn't going to be a cheap job, cam belt and water pump will be £350, rocker cover gasket should be the cheapest but your still looking at a £600 bill if the power steering hose needs done

andylcr

Aug 6, 2009
Berks
The power steering flex pipe is £130 new so this isn't going to be a cheap job, cam belt and water pump will be £350, rocker cover gasket should be the cheapest but your still looking at a £600 bill if the power steering hose needs done

ok cheers mate

:cry:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.