Windscreen

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
My windscreen has cracked almost in the middle, and the crack is about 10" long (only noticed it this morning, hidden by the RVM from the driver seat!)

I think it's a stress crack as it goes right from the top - my question is, do I need a special windscreen because of my rain-sensing wipers?

Anyone know? I've done a search but couldn't find much?

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
Well, behind the RVM attached to the windscreen is what looks like a sensor -and it has an arm that runs up into the headlining not quite touching the screen. I don't know if this bit just unglues etc? :s.

Aimez

I wouldn't worry the people that fit it sort it all out, get it sorted its well dodgey driving with a crack in the screen. I had to in a work van VW caddy for 2 days untill they got a bloke out to change it, it was over £200!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
where i work at bmw we always get phone calls asking about which windscreen to fit, so phone your dealer and ask them is my advise. best bet if your fully comp is to claim and pay the 50-60 excess as it wont effect your ncd!

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
When you call autoglass etc they will know what it needs from the registration number you give them (If it was a factory option of course) They will also usually ask if it has rain sensors too, just make sure you tell them. It may take a bit longer than a normal screen to source though as rain sensors aren`t that common in ibizas. It certainly won`t cost anymore than your standard excess charge.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.