which relay is which

leskriett

Feb 25, 2017
Rotherham
Hi All,

I've owned my 2007 altea 2.0 TDI DSG for a couple of months now and just had its first issue. The cigarette lighter, front washers, rear washers and rear wiper have stopped working. It happened a few days ago but then the next time I used the car they started working again, then the day after it went for 10 minutes but came back while still driving, now they have gone off completely and wont come back on.

Some research has suggested its on of the under dash relays thats faulty and needs replacing (found other VW group cars suffering the same issue).

Does anyone know exactly which relat may be causing the problem and if its easy enough to just swap? I can feel the relays above the fuses but cant see how to get at them properly.

Thanks in advance,

Lee.

leskriett

Feb 25, 2017
Rotherham
update

Hi All,

Found out the fuses/relays are pretty much the same as a MK5 golf and I round a reference to this online.

If anyone else has this issue, open the drivers door, remove the dash end panel (just prises off) and the fuse cover and then the lower dash panel (just to get some light in).

Just above the fusebox is a relay panel, there are 2 large relays numbered 460, the one in question is on the right as you sit in the drivers seat (nearest the door).

The relay part number is 1K0 951 253A and cost me about £13 from a VW dealer.

Swapped the relay over and the dead circuits have come to life again.

Lee.

BatAndBallMk2

Apr 6, 2017
Hey Leskriett do you bay any chance know what all the other relays are?

I'm having an issue with my wipers, got no power at the master motor so I'm thinking it's probably a relay issue but can't find what the relays are anywhere on line.

Are all the relays the same, My motor is a Mk 2 Leon

Cheers.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise