Ibiza Steering Wheel Help Please

tonydadams

I need help with a steering wheel issue. I drive an '07 Ibiza Sport which when my company bought it the tight gits didnt go for steering wheel audio contols and i hate feeling around for puttons when im driving.

However i have purchased a steering wheel with the contorls on and have installed it. The installation was fairley straight forward although getting the airbag off can be a bit of a bugger until you work it out. This is now all installed but sadly does not work.

What i did notice was the car that the wheel came from had an MP3 version of my head unit. Can anyone advise if i now need to change the head unit over or is it a case of needing plugging into Seat's computer for a programing issue?

jay.ing

Red Blur (And soot!)
Nov 17, 2007
Southport, Merseyside
Hi, check behind your stereo you shound have 2 ISO connectors, one for the speakers and one for the power etc, but if you look above there there is a space for mini ISO connectors, this is where the extras go into the stereo like CD changer and your steering wheel controls. i know my stereo has a single yellow wire going in there for the controls but im guessing this comes from a signal unit not directly from the wheel?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.