How to remove inside door panel?

kerry3113

My 3 year old daughter has pushed my petrol card down through the tiny gap on her window. You can just see the top of the card between the door and the window, but you can't get at it.

My car repairing ability is very low, but know the garage will laugh at me if I ask them to sort it out and think I could probably handle a screwdriver as I'm quite good with that kind of thing. However, I have no idea where to start! Someone suggested putting a thin knife down too to see if that will flip it up. I'm worried it might cause more damage. Any ideas?

Since joining this forum, I seem to be finding more problems, but luckily youare all so accomodating with me. Thanks!

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Just get a plasic ruler or something and pop it back out! as long as you don't use something metal,it should be fine! :)

carpboy

Apr 2, 2008
Dorset
My sons window regualtor on his 3 door,well the wire is all twisted so i believe this is why the window no longer goes up or down,i ahave removed the door card but can find knowhere on how to remove the inner door skin!any ideas as the above links dont work,i think looking at it i need to remove the handle and door lock but i will await replys,

cheers

sorry just realised this is in the altea forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
My sons window regualtor on his 3 door,well the wire is all twisted so i believe this is why the window no longer goes up or down,i ahave removed the door card but can find knowhere on how to remove the inner door skin!any ideas as the above links dont work,i think looking at it i need to remove the handle and door lock but i will await replys,

cheers

sorry just realised this is in the altea forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What car do you have?

carpboy

Apr 2, 2008
Dorset
done the windpw regulator,nightmare job,didnt bother with repair kit brought a new genuine regulator complete,97 pound ebay,trouble was the pop rivets that come with t he kit are masive so had to drill new holes in the metal panel but al done now!!!!cheers for the link and piccies tho!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.