Rear washer (is the dealer correct?)

Derek

Jun 5, 2004
Kirkmuirhill
My friend has a PD100 and has had the usual washer blowing off that most of us have encountered. When she took it into our local dealers for its service they said they will only fix it under warranty the first time it happens and from now on she must only use Seat washer fluid to prevent it happening again.
Sounds like "we are sick of fixing this problem in the thousands of Mk4s there are in the country":confused:

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
i think the main problem is people using just water instead of screen wash with anti freeze so it gets blocked and there becomes more pressure so it pops off and my dealer said it would no be coverd under the warranty [:@]

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Alright Derek! Long time no see, how are you?

I've heard of SEAT (Arnold Clark) in Linwood saying that to a few people... so your friend isn't alone.

They even told a lad with an FR on here (Alba77 I think...) they were not going to fix it as his stuff was Halfords and not the genuine VAG stuff!

However the official VAG stuff is meant to be very good for freezing problems, Alex got me some for the Passat - but doesen't come cheap!

Derek

Jun 5, 2004
Kirkmuirhill
how goes it Chris, I know I`ve been a bit quiet for a while with meets etc. I think the only time I have had VAG stuf in is when dealer put it in during service. You must need a really high dillution of the stuff to stop freezing. I have even stopped using the rear wash when I think it might be frozen but the pressure in the system when using the front must be enough to blow it off. Came off in the in the engine bay a few weeks ago and it was the usual sore fingers job putting it back on (plus half the airbox and other bits out)

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
The VAG stuff is meant to have anti-gelling properties to stop the fan jets at the front from getting blocked. It says in the service manuals to only use the VAG washer fluid.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.