My LCR. 330mm brakes,wheels,KW Clubsports, Quaife ATB, stage 2 map booked.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Nice job mate, I'm off to Awesomes website now to get some ordered :)

Yes they're definaly worth the money I've just tried the gear lever and that slop has gone.

I really need to wash my car!
98FDE069-5990-4C77-AA19-72AC72C3BEC8-918-0000027A70CE3CFC.jpg

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I have been out to turn the car around while doing the brakes. Yes there is a noticeable difference in the shifter alot more direct so worth doing for £27.
It's safe to say that my brakes where well over due for a change.
DE09706A-A7F4-41B1-9113-C39B4584C3B5-918-0000027E98FDBDA2.jpg

3A1DC8BB-1E46-4CAD-88E4-8E8677137A93-918-0000027E9EAB5388.jpg

Silly boy :redface:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
They're the fronts!!! The rears have a few thousand miles left in them so I'll do them in the summer. the brake fluide did look to hot either.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Glad the shift is more direct now good stuff :)

Those discs are, well, finished!

I need to get my rear discs and pads replaced at the start of next year.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Great work mate, thanks for the mini write up :)
Looks like these will make a nice difference indeed! If I've sparked an scn lcr buying mod here I am going to ring awesome gti about some sort of commission, although the original tip came from D.K! So he deserves the credit for eyeing these for the cars. I didn't know they existed until he mentioned them to me a while ago.
Looking forward to your write up once the cars been driven mate.
Sorry I missed this post earlier. Good spot D.K nice little mod.
Glad the shift is more direct now good stuff :)
Those discs are, well, finished!
I need to get my rear discs and pads replaced at the start of next year.
The discs were very bad!
Just drove home and I'm very impressed with the solid bushes. Almost riffle bolt feel to the shift know. It's one of those little mods that's been on my list for a while and well worth doing.
I need to stop reading other peoples readers rides! It's bad for the wallet. Infact I need to slowly back away from the forums lol. All this talk of the ground braking work being done with custom maps and new hardware is very tempting!
Next up I need a new pre cat lambda sensor. Varius gaskets and bits to fit the charge pipe, inlet manifold, catch can, PCV delete. I need to service the car including spark plugs and fitting the TFSI coil packs. Fit the front strut brace, ARB, coilovers and poly bushes.... (Deap breath!)
Then onto the power mods.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
What was I saying about stepping away from the forum? I've just bought a Uni Brace copy after seeing Dans that he's fitted to his R32. I'm so weak!!!!:help::cry::givein::ban:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I've got a Hughs engineering rear strut brace but it keeps getting in the way. I've been looking at the Uni braces but they over priced so will see what this is like. I may lose the Hughes.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I wouldn't chop my Hughes' in personally.

But if you're saying you need it out the way then it will work for you mate.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Thought my car was dirty........yikes :p loving the mini write ups mate. Makes it easier for the rest of us to follow :)

Thanks I enjoy doing them, it's more fun than washing my car!:D

I've just been on FB again chatting about stage 2 maps. I'm only a DP away from the supporting mods and I'm edging towards a de cat. Should I just go for it and get a nice smooth stage 2 map. Or save a bit of cash up and fit rods, Relentless manifold and a re built large port head first???:confused:
I'm not very decisive I know and I will at least fit the front ARB first. All this talk of the advances in custom maps is making me think i want one, now.[B)]

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think you should get everything done that you want done and then get it mapped, also think you should add an actuator and WMI to your list for the ultimate K04 LCR ;)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Depends how much cash you've got to throw at it mate. If you can then no harm doing the rods mani etc but personally I'm sticking to the power I have now and making the chassis better setup for track. Diff, clutch, raising the coilovers etc etc etc..