Reversing sensors

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
I have just fitted a four pack of reversing sensors and reversing meter to my car. All in all the job took about 4 hours. I had to remove the back bumper and run all the cables in to the boot.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ghost

Nov 28, 2005
Hampshire
I wanted to add these to my car but I was too late to in making up my mind for it to be a factory fit. The dealer is now getting these fitted and sprayed in the correct colour before I pick up the car. (I am not brave enough to attempt to fit them myself to a brand new car!)

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
Anyone recommend a make of reversing sensor to buy & fit (at home by me) as I just managed to reverse into a sign this morning, it was in the rear 3/4 panel blindspot, completely missed it, couldn't even see the ruddy thing from the drivers seat when I hit it !!!!

Fcuked off now as I've scraped the bumper, only consolation is that you can't see it that badly as the bumper plastic is black, as is the car. GRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!

Also where do you take the reversing light feed from as the light is in the boot, so the wires must go up into the roof ?

Last edited:

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
My dad uses one of these on his car, I think it's probably a good option which looks like you can get away without removing the bumper to fit. I just need to find out where the heck to tap into the reversing light wire. It goes through the left hand bunch of wires from the boot lid into the roof but then where? 'cos I sure ain't removing the headling to get access to it !

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
Why do I want parking sensors...

I just managed to reverse into a sign this morning, it was in the rear 3/4 panel blindspot, completely missed it, couldn't even see the ruddy thing from the drivers seat when I hit it !!!!

mainly because I don't want to have a repeat performance !! I literally could not see the obsticle from the drivers seat even when I'd hit it.
I never did see the point of these beeping things before as the rear 3/4 blindspot hadn't been an issue, until now...

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
I have fitted the sensors myself on my 2.0 TDI sport but I did not take photos, sorry.

What I done was remove the back bumper from the car and then you will find four round circles which would have been cut out at the factory if the sensors were fitted.

Drill these marked gaps out and pop the sensors in. I then lifter the carpet up in the boot and ran the cables to the left hand side of the car. The tricky bit is getting the right cable to plug the sensor box into. I cannot remember how we worked this out; I do remember that if you have the wrong wire the dashboard tells you that you have a wiring fault.

If you would like some more information just ask.

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
The Meta one should be even easier, I doubt you actually need to remove the bumper for this, I am tempted to buy & fit it myself, but the best price I can find is around £80. Halfords do this fitted for £100 which is tempting, but the question is, would you let them near your new pride & joy?

There are only 3 or 4 wires from memory going to the reversing light cluster, one of which is an earth so you should be able to test the light unit for continuity with a multi-meter.

s22jcd - can you tell me where in the car you tapped into the loom ? did you remove the trim panel on the left hand side of the boot?

Last edited:

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
Sorry about the slow response with getting the pics online.

Follow the link to see the pics of the wires. I cannot get a better shot with out taking the boot lining out. If you have any other questions please post or PM me.

http://www.jdwebmedia.co.uk/leon/

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.